FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What is a good pressure reading?  (Read 1376 times)

Basspro23

• Bass. A word that turns serious fisherman on.
What is a good pressure reading?
« on: Jun 28, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Is 30.10 good? with it rising? I'm still learning the basics of pressure reading.
Fishing is the sport of drowning worms.

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
Re: What is a good pressure reading?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2011, 07:00 PM »
The higher the pressure, the better the weather. the lower the pressure, more chance of a storm coming.

Fish

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2011, 04:39 PM »
The higher the pressure, the better the weather. the lower the pressure, more chance of a storm coming.

What's an average number for High pressure then??? What's better for fishing, low or high pressure?  :-\

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2011, 05:53 PM »
What's an average number for High pressure then??? What's better for fishing, low or high pressure?  :-\

High pressure is usually above 30 .    as for whats better for fishing, I've really never seen a difference.

BBK

« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2011, 06:43 PM »

That totally depends on where you live.

Here in Iowa 30.00 is normal, below that and the fish go crazy above and the fish slow down.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2011, 07:04 PM »
Here in Nebraska we go by how high your blood pressure is, if we go more than a week without fishing our blood pressure spikes and we have to go fishing ;D
Seriously though, low pressure has always been better for me, I would echo BBK's #'s.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Reel Force

« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2011, 07:46 PM »
Mine would be: 120 over 72 ... but higher on a good day and lower on a bad ......

filetandrelease

« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2011, 08:14 PM »
Mine would be: 120 over 72 ... but higher on a good day and lower on a bad ......

:flag: :thumbup_smilie:,  i have had good days on both high and low ,best day i ever had on eyes the pressure was in orbit,

jopes

« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2011, 10:50 PM »
If the fish are hungry, they will eat... that is if you give them what they want.

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2011, 04:30 PM »
Pressure systems defiantly effect the bite in my opinion,  but how much it will effects the bite depends on the severity of the change in pressure, how long the pressure has held in that pattern,  and the species your after,  however I've found a safe bet is fishing before the storm or as the storm is starting is hot,  average pressure the fishing is good,  extremely high pressure and extended low pressure systems the bite turns off,  you can't argue when you fish a brown spot through the ice one day and manage 5-6 flags and fish the same spot 3 days latter on the start of a low pressure system and land 20 trout, all of which are gorging on anything and everything

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.