FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Animal Activists~ A Real Threat?  (Read 2665 times)

archbishop

Re: Animal Activists~ A Real Threat?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2005, 08:32 PM »
yeah but artificial bait catches more than fish ;)

devil-man

« Reply #16 on: Mar 30, 2005, 02:03 PM »
P- pams
E- enormose
T- ta ta
A- association

That's the best one I've heard!
I really don't think they are much of a threat, as long as we all stick together.
I have posted this somewhere before.
Join a worthwhile organization like BASS, TU, DU, NRA, or one of the many others.

Someone replied "Don't worry about them, we are the ones with the guns."

8)

big big rdg

« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2005, 07:09 PM »
I dont think they could ever stop us...there are too many of us defending what we love.
FSHON!

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #18 on: Mar 31, 2005, 01:09 PM »
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #19 on: Mar 31, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Hmmm remember the story of the animal rights dweeb who tried to stop the rangers from shooting an old sow that had become a problem bear by charging someone and breaking into things? He stepped in front of the 840 pound grizzly in protest so the rangers wouldn't shoot him. Well, the old sow took advantage and promptly ate him. ::) ::) ::) ::) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Then there was the anti hunting activist who lived among the giant kodiaks of alaska and said "I am now accepted as one of them." An old boar bear who weighed almost 1300 pounds paid him thanks by eating him for dinner and his girlfriend for dessert.  8) :D :D :D :D ;D ;D

Tyler

TheStray

« Reply #20 on: Apr 01, 2005, 12:59 PM »
The thing that is frustrating for me is the lobbying that goes on to give them power and ultimately costs you, I, and ironicly them the american taxpayer in the long run.  You see most of their accusations are not scientifically sound. 

Example:

Who has done a study to figure out how much space a chicken needs to live a comfortable life?  No one I know of, and I certainly don't think PETA has anyone other than political disgruntled college graduates that couldn't get a job because the economy is so poor.  You won't find any type of scientific reasoning behind any of their arguments.  Sure their websites tug at the heart strings but when it comes right down to the common sense department they certainly are lacking.

We live in a time of exponentially increasing populations that depend heavily on large food facilities and high production farms.  The example that comes to mind is a large egg producing farm that was one of the main suppliers to McDonalds for their Egg McMuffins.  PETA decided they didn't like the way layers were housed so they threatened McDonalds with lawsuits and public defamation of their company.  In the end McDonalds decided they needed to have all their producers abide by a new spacing limitation that would require more space than the current facilites had to house the exact same amount of chickens.  By about 5 large buildings to be exact. 

The problems these situations cause are numerous and costly.  For one under the 2002 Farm Bill these large producers are eligible to receive federal money for cost share to expand their farming interests which comes out of our pocket.  So Americans are hit there.  Do you think after all the expenses that these large producers will be able to continue to offer eggs to McDonalds for 2 100ths of a cent per egg?  No I don't think so.  Who do you think is going to bare the cost of these eggs?  McDonalds?  Noooooo... It's again the consumer that buys an egg McMuffin that probably already paid for part of the building through taxes to begin with.  What about the expansion into farmland that used to be used for hunting and recreating on?  That's gone too.  For what?  For an increase in egg production?  Hardly, they aren't producing anymore eggs to feed people they are producing the same amount of eggs but because of a little group called PETA they need 5 times the space to do the same amount of production.

The bottom line here is that everybody reads and laughs about PETA and how much of a joke they are, all the while they are stealing money out of our pockets to boost their propoganda.  I for one am sick of it and everyone else should be too.  I have written letters to them through e-mail expressing my arguments and the only thing they send back is a canned e-mail sent electronically that thanks me for taking interest in their group and that I should visit their website to make contributions.
"I don't know what it is about it...  ...I guess it's because the feel of the line tightening just never gets old".

devil-man

« Reply #21 on: Apr 01, 2005, 05:08 PM »
Those are all good points, Stray.
Just remember that there are people lobbying for our rights, too!

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #22 on: Apr 01, 2005, 05:38 PM »
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #23 on: Apr 02, 2005, 08:13 AM »
Join a worthwhile organization like BASS, TU, DU, NRA, or one of the many others.

Sorry Devil-man I think you made a typo, you have the NRA under worthwhile organizations!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.