FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Animal Activists~ A Real Threat?  (Read 2666 times)

Heartland

Animal Activists~ A Real Threat?
« on: Feb 27, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Are animal activists actually harming our outdoors experiences, or simply wasting money and blowing hot air? You decide. A POLL that should tell us what the general consensus is:
http://www.illinoiswaters.net/heartland/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7725

Polar

Re: Animal Activists~ A Real Threat?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2005, 02:35 PM »
They are always a threat.You never want to put these people on the back burner.

tinboat

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2005, 02:08 PM »
Some of them are really whacked; unfortunately, whacks seem to school like perch, so where there is one there are sure to be others. Most of them have too much time and too much money and Zero common sense, so they can and do make alot of noise. Personally, I'd like to see them put their time, energy, and money towards correcting some of our societal issues, like homelessness, schooling for disadvantaged kids, etc.

archbishop

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2005, 03:23 PM »
were just opposites outdoorsmen dont generally want attention except the occasional congrats on a big fish and the anti's and activists just love attention thats why they flock if something happens they wanna be there to be the center of it and polar is right never put them on the back burner or theyll burn you

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2005, 06:24 PM »
I have to agree with Arch here.  The Anti's are all about publicity,  like a bunch of little kids.  It doesn't matter to them whether it's good ar bad publicity as long as their message gets out.  Sportsmen and women just want to do their thing.  Unfortunately,  this attitude by Sportsmen and women is allowing the Anti's to overshadow the positive and important things that we do.  We don't need to carry around a soapbox,  but we have to make sure that we support out activities at every turn and make sure that people are allowed to know all the information,  just not what the idoits,  I mean Antis have to say.

Mike

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2005, 10:03 PM »
They are a threat. But if we the majority (sportsmen and those for it) were as vocal as the minority, these problems would scarely exist. If we only fought as hard as they do, they would be ran out of town tarred and feathered, like the deserve.

Tyler

fishmix

• striper mania!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2005, 06:22 AM »
take a look at what happened to "Bubba" the 22# lobster caught off of New England shores.   PETA got their wish and the lobster was sent to the zoo to be put on display in captivity. Bubba died the next day. this is ethical treatment?!! :cookoo: I thought they would have put it back in the ocean were it came?

As for myself though, I'd be waiting with a fork and knife with a tub of melted butter. mmmmmm lobster..
Trollin-Trollin-Trollin.........Get those lakers trollin!

Chainsaw

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2005, 08:15 AM »
      These people are nothing short of dangerous, to us, themselves, the Environment, and the Creatures they purport to protect(?). Witness their turning loose monkeys innoculated with dangerous virus's from research facilities, and other  stupidly dangerous, and illegal acts against society.
       It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to poison lakes with something that would make the fish inedible so we wouldn't harm them, DUH!!! We haven't seen the worst, and will never see the last of people like this. Most, if not all, are vegetarians whom I was taught to mistrust since before I was born, being a farmraised kid who'd learned to harvest animals for food.
       They are also the people who get involved with our foreign policies and put riders into Treaties between countries to do things like protect the common Crow because a few crows fly into Mexico from California. They don't have to contend with tons of Crowcrap and the spread of West-Nile Virus,(they think).
        The PETA types are worldwide and affect the outcome of many International Treaties and Trade agreements which determine our Constitutional Rights through the back door. I view them as Traitors to our Origins and Way of Life.
         If we allow them to continue these Traitorous Acts we'll end up having to pusue our recreations in secret societies which would become illegal gangs if they had their way. Check out the status of illegal gangs under the Homeland Security Act, and you may find you either are already a member of one, or may soon become one, as defined under the Act. Mayhap they should be declared an illegal gang first, sort of a 'Pre-emptive' strike.

archbishop

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2005, 08:21 AM »
again well said chainsaw  :clapping:
i was told vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter/fisher ;D

yoda

« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2005, 08:56 AM »
Thank God the media alway portrays them as deadheads.  They are consistently wearing tyedyes and overalls so the John-Q public starts to giggle whenever they try to get a point across.  The only anti group that has a backing is PETA.  Who can say no to PAm Anderson ;D ;D ;D ;D

archbishop

« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2005, 09:07 AM »
P- pams
E- enormose
T- ta ta
A- association

yup cant say no to that ;)

Original FISHER Jodoin

« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2005, 02:30 PM »
 :clapping:chainsaw, you speak well
GIT _ R _ DONE

smokeeater

• You cant catch em' if you don't get out there!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 29, 2005, 07:26 PM »
Well said Chainsaw.  I thought PETA stood for People Eating Tasty Animals.
Rainbow trout fishing is as different from brook fishing as prize fighting is from boxing.  - Ernest Hemingway "The Best Rainbow Trout Fishing"

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Mar 29, 2005, 07:51 PM »
Another thought.  We need to support our State Wildlife Departments to the highest.  These guys are on our side and trying to do the best job with what they have to work with.  I am not saying they are perfect,  but they are definately on our side.  The more support we give them,  the more they will help us.

Mike

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #14 on: Mar 29, 2005, 08:00 PM »
Another thought.  We need to support our State Wildlife Departments to the highest.  These guys are on our side and trying to do the best job with what they have to work with.  I am not saying they are perfect,  but they are definately on our side.  The more support we give them,  the more they will help us.

Mike

I would agree with you but here in CO out fisheries management is terrible beyond belief. They kill gamefish, want to wipe out large predators like pike, lake trout, and catfish. If they had their way, all fisheries would be stocker trout or chub/sucker factories.
As far as the PETA thing, they don't support that. But our own CDOW is a far bigger threat than any animal activist.
As far as Pam, yes she's hot, but I'd rather have a natural girl and not get poked in the eyes with those things.   :laugh: :laugh: ;D ;D ;D.

Tyler

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.