FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WHO;S GOT THERE BOAT AND GEAR READY ?  (Read 4284 times)

mr tip up

WHO;S GOT THERE BOAT AND GEAR READY ?
« on: Apr 03, 2013, 12:10 PM »
I am just wondering who has there boat and fishing gear ready to start the open water season ?    still working on mine
a bad day of fishing is better then a good day of work

5-flags

Re: WHO;S GOT THERE BOAT AND GEAR READY ?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2013, 01:55 PM »
Same here.. Charged up batteries and cleaned out the boat. Started to put the canvas top on and the vinyl windows are beginning to seperate from the canvas. It is a Starcraft Superfisherman and the windows are not sewn in. I am having a heck of a time trying to get an answer as to what to use to reattach them. Any help is appreciated. I am looking for a cement that is flexable and of course very strong.

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2013, 03:31 PM »
Been out twice in New Hampshire...picked up one smallie on the first day..skunked on day two...water in the low 40's
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2013, 03:38 PM »
Ready ???

You have to get your boat ready ???

I put mine in the garage ready last fall, It's hooked up right now for the morning. I need only gas her up ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Drifter_016

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2013, 03:46 PM »
HAHAHAHA!!!!
OK, not me. ;)
Still have 2 months of ice fishing to go before the ice starts to go.
The boat is always ready though.
It stays in one of those portable garages when not in use and is plugged in 365 days a year so my on board charger can maintain  the batteries.
Once the snow is gone and the water opens up I only need to hook up the garden hose and run the engine to make sure all is good.
Then go fishin'!!!!   ;D

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2013, 05:22 PM »
Got the boat ready today. Filled the test barrel, hooked up the fuel line, primed and she was running before it spun over a half dozen times. Not bad for a 35 year old Johnson 35.
 Heading out with a friend tomorrow to plot out some spots for the Walleye opener coming upand maybe try to find a Crappie or ten.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2013, 05:35 PM »
Its ready but with 20 inches of ice on the lake I want to fish its going to be a while... >:( >:(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

nypike

• Where da fish at?
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2013, 05:49 PM »
Its ready but with 20 inches of ice on the lake I want to fish its going to be a while... >:( >:(
same here and 10 degrees tonight.... >:(

hardwater

« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2013, 06:09 PM »
I've had mine out 4 days already.  It has been a little slow, but still managed decent numbers of trout and perch each day.  Things should really start picking up any time.  Ready to give it another go for the weekend.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not missing ice a bit.

beeverfishingscatch

• "One old Fisherman's catch of a lifetime"
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2013, 07:55 PM »
Same here.. Charged up batteries and cleaned out the boat. Started to put the canvas top on and the vinyl windows are beginning to seperate from the canvas. It is a Starcraft Superfisherman and the windows are not sewn in. I am having a heck of a time trying to get an answer as to what to use to reattach them. Any help is appreciated. I am looking for a cement that is flexable and of course very strong.

have you thought about sewing them.... you can use a sewing awl and sew them in id think......just a thought
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>   HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2013, 08:16 PM »
gear's ready and has been used. I pounded the trout today. the small 12 footer will be deployed for the crappie this weekend, it's finally time ;D still gotta finish the floor in my 17 footer than its off to the races 8)
done dirt cheap!

Jakep138

« Reply #11 on: Apr 05, 2013, 08:09 AM »
Yup all ice gear put away as of 2 weeks ago been out on boat killing perch ever since
Just put me on ice and ill find water!

King of Pymatuning !

« Reply #12 on: Apr 05, 2013, 02:22 PM »
Lower unit oil changed every fall and fresh line on the reels and new plugs in the motor in the spring . Puttin my boat back on Pymatuning this weekend !  Also gonna check out the Open House festivities at Pymatunings Linesville Fish Hatchery on sat. 4-6 it is from  11:00am to 3:00pm and theres lots of interactive stuff for the kids to do and its free !  Check it out . 8) 8) 8)

chuckrudy

« Reply #13 on: Apr 05, 2013, 06:30 PM »
Picked up the  boat today had all new canvas  put on the boat very expensive  but im worth it. Pick up new 90hp etec on Monday then In to the river for test run I can not wait to hit the river for some striper fishing.

beeverfishingscatch

• "One old Fisherman's catch of a lifetime"
« Reply #14 on: Apr 05, 2013, 08:37 PM »
Lower unit oil changed every fall and fresh line on the reels and new plugs in the motor in the spring . Puttin my boat back on Pymatuning this weekend !  Also gonna check out the Open House festivities at Pymatunings Linesville Fish Hatchery on sat. 4-6 it is from  11:00am to 3:00pm and theres lots of interactive stuff for the kids to do and its free !  Check it out . 8) 8) 8)

hey cool im takin my daughter to that......beeverfishing cant make it had a prior event to go too.....but yep me and the bear will be there sounds like alot of fun
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>   HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.