FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ballpark value of 2007 Yamaha 4 stroke 8 hp outboard?  (Read 397 times)

taxid

I can't remember what I paid for this a few years ago when I bought it used. Other than some paint that got scraped off against a dock when some strong winds came up unexpectedly it's in excellent shape. It starts right up, and you can hardly hear it run on idle.

Although I store it inside my home, I have had it serviced and winterized. Checked out fine after rubbing against the dock, and although the prop was damaged at the same time it has been replaced with a brand new one. No other damage, and I had it checked out thoroughly at my local marina.

I want to sell it as I'm using a kayak more and more and still spending a lot of time taking care of elderly parents.  I just don't know what to ask for it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

Re: Ballpark value of 2007 Yamaha 4 stroke 8 hp outboard?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2024, 09:01 PM »
Look on FB Marketplace
There’s 3 of them listed down here close to me.
A 2021 for $1950
A 2017 for $1900
And another, no year posted but it looks to be similar vintage as yours originally listed for $750 and recently lowered to $650.

Remember these are probably saltwater outboards.  Hence the really lower number on the older unit.

I would think you could start around $1200 and see what happens.  The market for boats and equipment up there starts up after the boat shows about mid April beginning of May.

Hope this helps
Good luck

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2024, 06:16 AM »
Look on FB Marketplace
There’s 3 of them listed down here close to me.
A 2021 for $1950
A 2017 for $1900
And another, no year posted but it looks to be similar vintage as yours originally listed for $750 and recently lowered to $650.

Remember these are probably saltwater outboards.  Hence the really lower number on the older unit.

I would think you could start around $1200 and see what happens.  The market for boats and equipment up there starts up after the boat shows about mid April beginning of May.

Hope this helps
Good luck

Thank you Mac! Your responses are always appreciated!

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2024, 05:02 PM »
Looks like the motor has been sold. A former taxidermy customer is coming to pick it up in a couple of days. Sold it for what I actually wanted for it $1100.00. I originally listed it for $1200.00. Didn't sell via any adds. I just happened to mention Ebay wanted $82.50 to put a reserve price on it which I thought was a little high. And they wanted me to list it at least 30 percent lower than my asking price for bidding. A former customer asked me want I wanted for it, and Bingo!

Thanks for your help Mac!

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2024, 07:30 PM »
No problem bud.
Good job!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.