FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Winnibigoshish  (Read 3421 times)

KingCabelas

Lake Winnibigoshish
« on: Apr 27, 2004, 12:08 PM »
Hey everybody... as you all know opener is right around the corner and I'm sure we all have been anxiously waiting for it since last fall. Not many people are posting anything here in Minnesota so I thought maybe I'd start something to get some people discussing good ol' Lake Winnie. If anyone has some good info on this very productive lake that they would like to share with other users of this site that would be awesome. I know ther are quite a few hotspots and many big walleye can be taken from this lake. Good luck to all on opener and throughout the season.
Men and fish are alike....they both get in trouble when they open their mouths!

fishuhalik

• The few, the proud, Team MN!!
Re: Lake Winnibigoshish
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:35 PM »
Well, it looks like it's next year's opener and no one has posted on here, but I'll continue it.  I regretfully won't be able to be on Winnie this year due to work.  It's the first year I'll miss it since I was 6 (I'm 21).  I will be out there during the week, though.  Can't wait!  I'm definitely ready for the ice to leave.
Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off

FisherGirl

• Thank God for fish.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Actually, I am going to lake Winnie next month for a family reunion.  Never been up there before, but I sure am excited!  So yeah, like the other fella said, if you have any tips- bring em on!
HeeeEEEeeer fishy fishy fishy...

fishuhalik

• The few, the proud, Team MN!!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2006, 07:51 PM »
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on here recently.  I had a career change and no longer had internet access, but I'm back now.  I took a job selling boats cuz I love fishing and it turns out that ya work so many horus during open water tha it leaves no time for fishing, so I had to find something else.  Anyways, my prayers were answered and I did end up getting to Winni this year for opener!  Did pretty darn good, too.  On Saturday we got about 20 b/t me and pops, 10 were in the slot and another 10 or so were over, with the biggest at a nice 25".  Sunday was the wife's first mother's day, so I decided to take the day off and celebrate w/ her and my mother.  Monday we got alot of nice fish, but only 5 were in the slot.  The biggest wasn't huge at 24", but most were b/t 20 and 22", nice fish.  Fishergirl, if you're headed up to winnie around june, the fish should be on the midlake humps by then.  Try bena bar really early in the morning, around sunup, in 12-18 fow w/ a lindy and a leach, or the same on the sunken islands on the north side by the rock pile and off stony point.  Some fish may still be off the shallow flats, and High Banks can really be hot that time of year.  Basically, find where the wind has been blowing into for the last few days, and go to the windy side of the lake.  If you have a good wind from the west with steady weather, focus on High Banks in 6-14 fow.  I've had some of my best days there.  If you want any more advice, send me a pm! 
Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.