FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NEWBIE  (Read 5130 times)

DIRTBALL2

« on: Mar 07, 2004, 08:57 AM »
Hi everybody! Just joined today and saw there were no posts from MN. so I will kick it off. I live in Warroad,MN, just 6 miles from the Manitoba border. Moved here within the last year and I love it! Looking forward to doing some trout fishing in MB, that is if some of you MB dudes wouldn't mind giving me a helping hand. Not asking for any of your honey holes, but a kick in the a** in the right direction sure would help. :)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Re: NEWBIE
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2004, 01:48 PM »
Dirtball,

forget about those little "pretty" fish.  You live in the best Walleye/Smallie fishin area in that part of the country!!!  Put away those fly rods and go get some Eyes.

Mike,  formerly of MN

rendo

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 09:07 PM »

Welcome to the board. I also am a transplant from Minnesota with ties to the Park Rapids area. try a little of all the outdoors has to offer there and I,m sure you will say I am a Mn Gopher.
thinking  fishing!!
Be safe!Fish On!

TJ Bauer

• LIVE LIFE, FISH, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 09:56 PM »
Hey everyone I am From Southern Mn I just joined 05-25-05 it will be fun talking with everyone

rendo

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 06:42 PM »

Forgot to add to first post . come and join us on the chat. Most evenings between 8-10  there are fishermen talking about almost everything.
thinking  fishing!!
Be safe!Fish On!

Hard ice

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2006, 06:00 AM »
Wellcome dirty balls lol
just kidding

Wellcome Keth to MFF
hope you enjoy your stay as i have..

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2006, 08:22 PM »
Of all the places a fisherman could live, I think Minnesota is tops. You are never far from some world class action.  ;D

fishuhalik

• The few, the proud, Team MN!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2006, 09:31 AM »
Hey man, you can still get in on some great late-season monster crappie action on Upper Red, and a little "late season" eye fishing on Red, also.  The season's closed on the eyes, but htere's always the accidental catch.  Also, pike season is still open, and I've fished right outside of Warroad and got some monsters. 43" is pretty common, and they're fat!  Just go out till ya find 3-8 fow, drop a dead smelt to about 1-3' from the bottom, and wait for the flags to fly!  They're still there once the ice goes off for a while, but they're harder to catch.
Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off

fishuhalik

• The few, the proud, Team MN!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2006, 09:36 AM »
Oh, I didn't notice that you started the forum in 2004.  Sorry, you probably know all the spots better than me by now!
Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off

FishingPolski

• Ret. Opr. Engnr. Local 17
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2006, 06:12 AM »
Hay Dirtball2: I know the fishing up there in your area is great.
I was just wondering, Do they have strawberry shortcake up there ???:laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.