FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 628045 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #2085 on: Mar 26, 2015, 06:51 AM »
I find humor in everything and  I love  the look on other peoples faces so years ago  when asked to pick up a  feminine hygiene product ,I made sure I asked  the woman at the counter if that was  the correct one and if she had any better recommendations!  once  my woman heard I had done this  and we live in a  smaller community  I was never asked to pick anything up again ...... ps  hide a extra pillow  if your ever forced to sleepn on the couch
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Out4Trout

« Reply #2086 on: Mar 26, 2015, 07:53 AM »
Raquettedacker pointed me to this thread - glad he did - tons of good stuff on the few pages I've skimmed through, I'll be reading a lot more as time allows.

I'm fairly new to the fly fishing/tying world, but am enjoying it very much.

Five of us brothers got together for a moose hunt last season. I've been wanting to tie flies with some of the hair from the moose. This is the salmon fly that I came up with. One for each of us.

I got about a 12"x24" patch of hide from one of the legs.

Very anxious to try them out this spring.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2087 on: Mar 26, 2015, 09:40 AM »
That's one heck of a start :clapping:

You're a natural!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #2088 on: Mar 26, 2015, 09:57 AM »
salmon  flies  are  beautiful  andf  you  did  one great  job!  welcome  aboard 

boondox

« Reply #2089 on: Mar 26, 2015, 10:15 AM »
I find humor in everything and  I love  the look on other peoples faces so years ago  when asked to pick up a  feminine hygiene product ,I made sure I asked  the woman at the counter if that was  the correct one and if she had any better recommendations!  once  my woman heard I had done this  and we live in a  smaller community  I was never asked to pick anything up again ...... ps  hide a extra pillow  if your ever forced to sleepn on the couch

if they did it to get a rise out of me i would do as said. but if there bed ridden or some thing along them line then a mans got to do what a mans got to do....those are just two things i do not want to get at the store .. lol's  that why fair is fair....yep glow in the dark works around here to by the way on some rivers salmon boats drag their trolling gear with glow in the dark gear cause it is so    deep the water is of the great lakes....  cause the fish sit out deep ... they tend to target it when they first run up the river like salmon and steel some times trout too...does not really work early spring but does work after mid summer....   after the charter boats get going lol's...

Out4Trout

« Reply #2090 on: Mar 26, 2015, 04:04 PM »
  welcome  aboard 

Thanks, I'm happy with the way these turned out, but still have a lot to learn.

rgfixit, I like your turnstile that holds your tools, I'll have to come up with something similar. I don't have much to put in it yet, good excuse to buy more stuff.  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2091 on: Mar 26, 2015, 04:28 PM »
It's worked out pretty well. I think I'm going to do another just for glues, head cement, uv cure stuff, epoxy, dubbing wax etc.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #2092 on: Mar 26, 2015, 04:35 PM »
@out4trout
had my dad make me fly tiers desk organizer be careful how deep the scissors go i did not make mine deep enough  and had problems ... i threw a bottle of sun tan lotion  on to the desk which housed the scissor holder which hit and knocked a pair of tungsten scissors in half  cause of the strike from the bottle of sun tan lotion ..... i like how rg's and  how deep the scissor are held...   because the tools were not deep enough i stopped using mine cause all mine held was the points of the tools and was worried i would break more .. but it is a heirloom quality tiers bench so i kept it...

trapper2000

« Reply #2093 on: Mar 28, 2015, 06:39 AM »
march browns

kc

« Reply #2094 on: Mar 28, 2015, 09:53 AM »
Here's a few I have tied for the next trip up to the SR. I made up the jig heads using white beads and then painting them.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2095 on: Mar 28, 2015, 11:25 AM »
Very sexy looking KC.
Ought to make the old girls dance ;D

Rg

kc

« Reply #2096 on: Mar 28, 2015, 12:24 PM »
I know from experience that they will work. I have not proven the rabbit strip one yet though, but will soon.
kc

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2097 on: Mar 28, 2015, 02:25 PM »
I always liked any leechy looking pattern. Egg sucking leech was one of my favorites. Never thought of purple though. Like the big bead heads too.

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #2098 on: Mar 28, 2015, 02:27 PM »
steelies will get aggressive  now  when thatwater warms a bit

kc

« Reply #2099 on: Mar 28, 2015, 03:03 PM »
Purple is my favorite color for these flies. The steelhead will chase them down at the end of a drift.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.