FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 627878 times)

big_guy_13021

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #3390 on: Apr 03, 2018, 11:08 PM »
Nice ties you guys hopefully they catch you some fish...Ive had no time to do anything but soon I will

gotagetm

« Reply #3391 on: Apr 04, 2018, 06:07 AM »

been trying to tie some coastal steelhead patterns for my son and friend in oregon
they fish oregon and washington

Swamp Rat

« Reply #3392 on: Apr 04, 2018, 06:34 AM »
Those are nice Swamp Rat. Well done.

I finally got to some ant patterns, Also been tying a few fatty chernobyl  ants,  and I'm experimenting with blending plain old regular yarn  to make some cinder worm flies.

If it ever stops SNOWING, maybe we'll get to use some of this stuff soon???
Thanks Bartman.....Nice ants, That cinder worm looks deadly 8)

Swamp rat nice!

And Bart man very nice too I Like the buggy fuzxy looking body on the hopper my self my hexes have similar look...
Thanks Boondox
Nice ties you guys hopefully they catch you some fish...Ive had no time to do anything but soon I will
Thanks big guy

been trying to tie some coastal steelhead patterns for my son and friend in oregon
they fish oregon and washington
Nice ties gotagetm

gotagetm

« Reply #3393 on: Apr 04, 2018, 09:01 AM »
thank you!!!
the jigs are patterns he sent me pics of
the bead ones i actualy was snelling hooks and making worm harnesses with those beads and had a brain storm,HAHA
not sure if they will work but they look cool
i named them the..BUMZ B4
He said they should work good out there in the  Columbia river and its tribs cause of the bright colors and flash
Im gonna try some here but downsize a bit those are 6mm beads gonna try 3 or 4 mm here ,who knows!

Swamp Rat

« Reply #3394 on: Apr 04, 2018, 12:14 PM »
thank you!!!
the jigs are patterns he sent me pics of
the bead ones i actualy was snelling hooks and making worm harnesses with those beads and had a brain storm,HAHA
not sure if they will work but they look cool
i named them the..BUMZ B4
He said they should work good out there in the  Columbia river and its tribs cause of the bright colors and flash
Im gonna try some here but downsize a bit those are 6mm beads gonna try 3 or 4 mm here ,who knows!
Real nice, well tied, the jigs remind me of an egg sucking leech pattern....the bead type resemble a patch of eggs on skein..... great idea 8)

Swamp Rat

« Reply #3395 on: Apr 04, 2018, 06:35 PM »
Took inspiration from Bartmans recent post of ant patterns and tied up these sz12 Fur Ants.

Bartman44

« Reply #3396 on: Apr 04, 2018, 07:15 PM »
Nice ants - you better call pest control  ;D

I'm actually sitting at the bench now tying up my annual supply of prince nymphs.   

Bartman44

« Reply #3397 on: Apr 04, 2018, 07:17 PM »
Swamp rat nice!

And Bart man very nice too I Like the buggy fuzxy looking body on the hopper my self my hexes have similar look...

Thanks, that's ice dubbing. A bit more difficult to dub but looks cool.   

Swamp Rat

« Reply #3398 on: Apr 04, 2018, 07:40 PM »
Nice ants - you better call pest control  ;D

I'm actually sitting at the bench now tying up my annual supply of prince nymphs.   

Hahaha Thanks! Can't wait to see the little princes you're tying......I'm going to have to buy some biots now, can't wait til it's a little warmer and my new fly rod comes in ;)

Bartman44

« Reply #3399 on: Apr 05, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Hahaha Thanks! Can't wait to see the little princes you're tying......I'm going to have to buy some biots now, can't wait til it's a little warmer and my new fly rod comes in ;)

Here you go. One of my favorites (size 10)   for rainbows and I do go through a lot of them, credit Dom with my ample supply  of Peacock. 

Swamp Rat

« Reply #3400 on: Apr 05, 2018, 07:07 PM »
Here you go. One of my favorites (size 10)   for rainbows and I do go through a lot of them, credit Dom with my ample supply  of Peacock. 

:bowdown: Royalty! Wow, they look great Bartman, well done......very nice ;)

big_guy_13021

« Reply #3401 on: Apr 05, 2018, 07:17 PM »
Wow very nice ties I'm gonna hit the bench Saturday n Sunday to darn cold for fishing rite now all the fish are messed up rite now anyways..there gonna go back to fall mode 😁😁

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3402 on: Apr 06, 2018, 06:34 PM »
bartman  good  prince  nymph   ... I  fish them  a lot myself   few  things that work well  for  me  experiment  with  diffent color  turkey  biots   ...purple   works  wonders  in  salmon  river  for  steelhead  I   also  palmer  my hackle  so  it  is  pointing toward the  rear   makes  them   look more  like  legs   I think , great  fly  ....swamp your ants  are  top notch
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Bartman44

« Reply #3403 on: Apr 06, 2018, 08:16 PM »
bartman  good  prince  nymph   ... I  fish them  a lot myself   few  things that work well  for  me  experiment  with  diffent color  turkey  biots   ...purple   works  wonders  in  salmon  river  for  steelhead  I   also  palmer  my hackle  so  it  is  pointing toward the  rear   makes  them   look more  like  legs   I think , great  fly  ....swamp your ants  are  top notch

Thanks for the tips Trapper.   

Purple Rain Prince?

Black bead head, peacock ice dubbing (instead of herl), legs from a blue Macaw, and purple biots.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3404 on: Apr 07, 2018, 07:14 AM »
very  similar  bart and  it's been a  great  steelie  fly for  me  .....  headed to  toss a  few  flies  right now   :D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.