FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 514279 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2460 on: Jul 17, 2018, 05:07 PM »

Hope you get back on your feet soon Bud.

zwiggles

« Reply #2461 on: Jul 17, 2018, 05:12 PM »
Well just caught up and you guys are killing (in a good way) the gardens this season...   Nice..
The old L5 ,S1 took a crap on me yesterday morning so I have been layed out on the floor like a mackerel on a sandbar at low tide..
Feeling better now and another chiropractor apt tomorrow and should be good...
Got a good rain for the plants also..
We needed more lightning  to put some nitrogen   in the soil...

Bummer on the back, hopefully the chirosnapper helps.

I also thought at first that maybe you had taken too many pain pills, and where in LaLa land talking about lightning helping the soil.

I had never heard of it, but after a few entries into the googles there it was. Lightning fertilizing the air! It makes sense, and it is really interesting, but it kind of blew my mind. This thread is full of neat info.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2463 on: Jul 17, 2018, 06:57 PM »
Keuka??? Canandaigua??? Sodus???

Long drive for Bill.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

zwiggles

« Reply #2464 on: Jul 17, 2018, 07:18 PM »
Thanks guys...  I will get over it...  Have been all my life....   :(
Check it out Z..  And I dont do pills.....
  https://ny.pbslearningmedia.org/resource/nves.sci.earth.nitrate/lightning-produces-nitrates/#.W05yo9JKhPY 

https://www.google.com/search?q=lightning+makes+nitrogen&oq=l&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60l3j69i57j69i59.4369j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Yeah, poor choice of words on my part. I Should not have phrased it that way considering.

But I really enjoyed the links, and learning about it. Very neat.

drowndin dots

« Reply #2465 on: Jul 17, 2018, 08:12 PM »
Keuka??? Canandaigua??? Sodus???

Long drive for Bill.
Rg
Whats another Hour LOL And I'd prefer not to do Sodus, I've lost my taste for Ontario Perch. Honeoye? I'm ok with Oneida again, Have the boat at Charlies Marina witch has a campground for Bill its located on Johnson's Bay NW part of the lake. I've done a lot of fall perchin around there over the years. Or perhaps we could fish Yak's somewhere, my Boat isn't exactly Ideal for 3 grown Men. Just throwing around ideas. Port Ontario is a hoot in October for Sammins, and I've even met Dom there a time or 2  ;) If we do head your way Bob I'll prob. camp it out the night before with Bill.
 I promise not to forget the pickles this time :-[ Hey that reminds me would you mind sharing the recipe you used on your little dills? I've got so many starting I want to play around with some new ones this year. 

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2466 on: Jul 17, 2018, 08:25 PM »
I hope the back straightens out soon Dom.     :D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2467 on: Jul 17, 2018, 08:37 PM »
Whats another Hour LOL
Took the words right out of my mouth! LOL. If I don't stop at McD's in Fonda and wait 45 minutes after ordering before telling them to just give me my iced tea and they can keep the food, I'll never know the difference!  ;D
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2468 on: Jul 18, 2018, 03:31 AM »
Honeoye sucks most of the time.

Any place on Oneida we can rent a pontoon for the day? That would give us all kinds of room.

Can't remember which recipe I used for that particular batch Ed. But, I'll dig out a few. I'm canning later anyway. I've got about 8 -10 quarts worth of pickles to do with more in the garden.

Going after some crappies right now. Gotta mow the horseshoe courts and make wings for "happy hour" this afternoon.

Busy day for an old retired guy👍

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2469 on: Jul 18, 2018, 05:21 AM »
I hope me and loser Dean can make it this year.
Ed that camping marine sounds like a good spot...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2470 on: Jul 18, 2018, 07:35 AM »
Hope you can make it too, Dom. Charley's sounds okay and renting a pontoon (maybe right from there) isn't a bad idea either. I'm easy.....
 8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2471 on: Jul 18, 2018, 11:34 AM »
I'm in!

Made pickles today.

First 6 quarts look pretty darned good.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2472 on: Jul 18, 2018, 11:41 AM »
Everything you do looks good..  :P
Thought you went fishing today?
Like i said I wish i had your gumption...    ..

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2473 on: Jul 18, 2018, 01:01 PM »
Looks good RG

drowndin dots

« Reply #2474 on: Jul 18, 2018, 07:35 PM »

If Dom and one of his loser buddy's Herb or Dean can make it they can comfortably take a plus 1, if not we can rent a toon at Anglers bay, split by 3 it wouldn't be too bad and it's East of Godfrey giving us a whole lot more deep water access. I'd be pickled tink to make a weekend of it at Charlies and he doesn't charge much. Dom to launch would be 5$, I'll cover that  ;D I'll have to ask exactly what his rates are for a tent, but it was 300$ for the season to keep my boat there and I count him as a friend so I can't imagine it's much. It is however a modest camp ground as far as amenities go, a couple wash rooms, no shower. There are some cabins tho, I'll look into that as well.

Bob, I'm drooling  :bowdown:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.