FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513249 times)

filetandrelease

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2550 on: Aug 07, 2018, 06:29 AM »
We got really heavy driving rain with big winds , 
 That sucks RG

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #2551 on: Aug 07, 2018, 07:41 AM »
Hope it all recovers for you, those sudden ones suck for sure. No time to hide the movable guys. Earlier this year one blasted our place, uprooting a granddad Norway Spruce plus 4 smaller ones, took a storage building over the hill out of sight. Spent 3 weekends of prime fishing time to clean up those trees. I did manage to get them to my buddies band saw mill for processing. And all the limbs went to another friends for boiling maple sap.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2552 on: Aug 07, 2018, 12:43 PM »
This guy was in my driveway this morning i hope he dosnt like garden goodies.... ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2553 on: Aug 07, 2018, 02:42 PM »
This guy was in my driveway this morning i hope he dosnt like garden goodies.... ;D

My pointer got hit with one of them in Pittsburg NH on his 1 year birthday (about 3 years ago) during a grouse hunt. I do not care for them much anymore. I pulled out over 100 quills from his front legs and chest while atop a mountain, thank god he had a chest protector on. Unfortunately he had 2 quills left in his knee joint so 2 hours south we went to the nearest open VET to get them removed. Not fun carrying a shotgun, full backpack, and a 90lb pointer 3/4 mile down a mountain and then another 1/2 mile to the vehicle on my shoulder. Vet was nice enough to remove those for free as well. Thank you Littleton Area Vet. I wish that upon no one.
Wicked Wec

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2554 on: Aug 07, 2018, 05:19 PM »
Well, I made up 6 slug traps this morning. I'm trying the yeast, sugar, flour, water mix. Time will tell.

Also made this year's yellow jacket trap.

Plastic fruit juice bottle with a plastic tube inside. In the tube is some felt and a packet of WHY attractant. Drilled some holes in the plastic tube. Cut some x shaped holes on the bottle and bent in the edges. Drilled some holes around the top to let the scent out. Put apple cider vinegar, water and a few drops of Dawn in the bottom.

Last year I just hung a piece of sponge with attractant in the bottle. Got a ton of the annoying little bugs.

I also bought a packaged trap by WHY last year. I threw it out. Mine works way better.

Rg
My wife picked up a WHY attractant kit.  There are two attractants in there. Do you put both in your plastic tube?  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2555 on: Aug 07, 2018, 08:03 PM »
My wife picked up a WHY attractant kit.  There are two attractants in there. Do you put both in your plastic tube?  ;D
It's all the same stuff. Just use what you need of one or the other. Been pretty wet here. No yellow jackets out as yet. But, they'll come.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2556 on: Aug 07, 2018, 08:16 PM »
Thanks.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Mac Attack

« Reply #2557 on: Aug 07, 2018, 09:03 PM »

No yellow jackets out as yet. But, they'll come.

Rg

Wow!
Just noticed that Bob.
Now that you mention it.

Weird.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2558 on: Aug 08, 2018, 01:26 PM »
They'll start hunting around when it dries up. Rained pretty much all day here. Still sprinkling.

On a good note...picked a bucket of pickles this morning, 3 more zucchini are growing fast, my shugsr snow peas are really growing well and the tomatoes are finally turning color. The black Krim tomatoes suffered some blossom end rot, but they're huge and will be quite edible, albeit a bit misshapen. The jubilees are huge as are the better boy and beefsteak. I did some aggressive pruning yesterday. It was getting hard to walk through the beds.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #2559 on: Aug 08, 2018, 04:16 PM »
been dry here all summer

real dry

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2560 on: Aug 08, 2018, 05:46 PM »
Had to dodge the rains for our neighborhood happy hour. But, we still cooked out and enjoyed. Only downside to these rains is, I have to mow every 5 days or so. But...at least it's green.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2561 on: Aug 11, 2018, 05:29 PM »
Another nice harvest of pickles today. We've been eating tomatoes for tha past few days. They're coming on strong now. Picked yet another zucchini and the snow peas are growing like crazy.

If you've never planted a "Mr. Stripey" breed of tomato, you should put them on your list for next year. They are super delicious and huge.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2562 on: Aug 11, 2018, 06:51 PM »
No tomatoes yet. But most everything else is doing well. Most of the corn stood back up from the storm, but probably a quarter of the first planting is broken right off.

Cukes are producing heavy. Canned 7 quarts of garlic dill spears this afternoon.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2563 on: Aug 17, 2018, 04:08 PM »
The bee guys were cleaning out the hives.
Got a couple fresh quarts from there last clean out...

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2564 on: Aug 17, 2018, 04:55 PM »
Yum!    :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.