FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mark My Words: A Farwell to Pat Quinn  (Read 2244 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Mark My Words: A Farwell to Pat Quinn
« on: Apr 20, 2006, 02:17 PM »
it's time to say goodbye to Coach Pat Quinn.....

Quinn leaves with a record of 300-196-52-8 in 574 games with the Maple Leafs, second on the club’s list for career wins (Punch Imlach) and in games coached (Imlach). His NHL career record stands at 657-499-154-8 (.560%) in 19 seasons. He ranks fourth on the league’s career list for games coached (1318) and games won (657). He has the Highest winning % of any Leafs Coach/GM

In addition to his duties as head coach of the Leafs, Quinn also served simultaneously as the team’s general manager from July 14, 1999 until August 29, 2003 when Ferguson took over the management duties.

Internationally, Quinn was head coach of Team Canada’s 2004 entry in the World Cup of Hockey that captured the championship in Toronto. He was head coach of the 2002 Canadian Olympic team that won Canada’s first Gold medal in 50 years of Olympic competition, and served in that capacity at the 2006 Olympic Games in Turin, Italy.

This move was highly visable since John Ferguson and Quinn have never seen eye to eye on or off the ice. I really like Pat Quinn, and felt the Ferguson should have taken more blame for this season then Quinn.

That being said after 8 years it is time for a shake up

mark my words....Paul Maurice will be behind the Leafs bench next season....and Pat Quinn will be back in the NHL as a Coach or GM for some other club within a year.

Farewell Pat..Leafs fans everywhere thank you for 8 years of pride...Not to mention that Gold Medal!

grumpymoe

Re: Mark My Words: A Farwell to Pat Quinn
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2006, 04:15 PM »
whoo whoo....last season coming for JFJ.....have to agree that Paul Maurice will be the next coach.....and my prediction is that Quinn will wind up as the new head coach in Vancouver.....remember....you read it here first.....Grump

grumpymoe

Re: Mark My Words: A Farwell to Pat Quinn
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2006, 07:40 PM »
well....its looks like the red carpet is all but rolled out for the new coach of the Vancouver Canucks.....Crawford was fired today with one year remaining on his contract....Pat Quinn will be warmly welcomed back to the fold in Vancouver....bet he's looking for a home in West Vancouver already.....Grump  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.