FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ducks topping the Sharks?  (Read 5414 times)

Fatboy8

• carp crazy
Ducks topping the Sharks?
« on: Apr 14, 2009, 03:24 PM »
Anyone out there going to say the Ducks will beat the Sharks in the first round in the west??? Now before you take that im crazy there top line with Perry, Getzlaf, and Ryan is playing the best they have played all season. Next they got a solid defender back with Francois Beauchemin to add to the Niedermayer and Pronger defensive set up. You can also guarantee this tough Anaheim team will put a beating on the Sharks due to the rivalry.  Also a trade line acquisition of Andrew Ebbett is playing the best hockey of his life. Lastly the Ducks are coming in hot winning 10 of their last 13.

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
Re: Ducks topping the Sharks?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2009, 07:50 PM »
Should be a hell of a series. Would love to see the upset.
Keep The Fish Pump Runin'!!!
Adam

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Looks like the Ducks are gittin it done!
Adam

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2009, 08:41 AM »
Talk about stunning the hockey world...President trophy winners are gone! Ducks and Wings...Should be a hell of a series.
Adam

sperrin

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2009, 11:45 AM »
Looks like FatBoy called it right! Good job on that, I hope you had some money on that prediction cause it would be paying out at good odds.

Im interested to see how there next series goes with the always strong Red Wings! I think Boston will be the team to watch in the 2nd round...along with the Chicago series...can't wait.

Stevo
A bad day fishing is still better then a good day at work!

Fatboy8

• carp crazy
« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2009, 09:01 PM »
Once again I'm pretty sure the Ducks will win another series against Detroit. Flashback to the 2007 Western Conference Finals the Red Wings looked good on paper but the physical play of the Ducks beat them to a pulp. This year looks like if they repeat 2007 they will get the same results. They need good plays from there D, dump the pucks in and bring a physical game to the Red Wings. Now everyone remembers the "elbow" that Chris Pronger threw on Thomas Holmstrom in game four of that series which lead to Pronger being suspend. There was a positive for the Ducks Holmstrom wouldn't come anywhere near the net which is a plus because even though i hate him hes good at standing in front of the goal and deflecting shots and getting into the goalies head. But after the Pronger incident it went from him living in front of Gigueres net to where did Holmstrom go? If they do this again and have Holmstrom MIA from infront of the net  Hiller will have a good vision of the puck and game over Red Wings. For the Ducks to win this series they need solid defense from Pronger, Whitney, Beauchemin, and Niedermayer they need the Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry line to keep up what they are doing and the Ducks MVP Jonas Hiller to keep doing what he did against the Sharks. They do this hello Western Conference Finals.

squirrelhunterjay

« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2009, 09:11 PM »
ducks dont stand a chance.  i see another sweep coming for the wings
Early to bed, early to rise, fish like heck and make up lies......

sperrin

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 12:56 PM »
The ducks will have there hands full with Detroit...but they do have a chance at getting to the 3rd round I think. But its not going to be a sweep for either team. I think this one goes to game 6 maybe 7.

Stevo
A bad day fishing is still better then a good day at work!

Fatboy8

• carp crazy
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 08:18 PM »
squirrelhunterjay your luck ran out today with the triple OT win. The first goal today for me was iffy in the fact that it took a bad bounce literally. Then the first game with the Franzen goal was it goalie interference well obviously they dont count that ducks would have been up 1-0 may have been a win to. If you think the Wings will win this series in 5 games it wont happen. The Ducks have to begin to capitalize on  missed opportunities. Game on they rang three off the post and Bobby Ryan missed an open net then today forget who shot the puck maybe Todd Marchant and the puck sat right in the crease with Osgood not realizing. Game 3 in Anaheim and things are looking good so I am looking for a win.

Fatboy8

• carp crazy
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Just read that last post didnt really say anything positive but there 3 and 4 line is playing really good hockey. Everyone is hitting and there getting shots from the point and making Osgood flop around like a fish(which I think he overreacts with just about every save he makes) but you get Osgood down on the ice look at Getzlafs goal Osgood goes down and the puck goes in. So lets go Ducks game three win.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.