FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Live bait  (Read 1450 times)

seamonkey84

Live bait
« on: Mar 15, 2020, 04:33 PM »
I often wondered why no one in Maine sells live shiners except in winter. Are there any year round sources in southern Maine?!
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

fish wayniac

Re: Live bait
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2020, 07:18 PM »
Chi, MCW bait and tackle on rte 114 in Standish sells year round. There are not many in Southern Maine. I bought a bait trap and toss it in ponds local and catch my own.

seamonkey84

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2020, 09:28 PM »
Yea I have a couple traps too, but haven’t had any luck using them.m, just crayfish.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

stguy

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2020, 03:52 PM »
Dags and Jordans store also

seamonkey84

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2020, 06:33 PM »
I still haven’t visit dags yet, I’ve heard good things about that store. I need to just set up a tank for bait one of these days, I’ve got all the equipment and experience, just don’t feel like doing it at home lol.

stguy

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2020, 07:48 PM »
I still haven’t visit dags yet, I’ve heard good things about that store. I need to just set up a tank for bait one of these days, I’ve got all the equipment and experience, just don’t feel like doing it at home lol.

You should make a trip to Dags, Dylan has a great store and very knowledgeable about most things fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.