FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Whats your favorite form of fishing  (Read 3399 times)

chezmoose

• Take a cur kayaking...
Re: Whats your favorite form of fishing
« Reply #15 on: Apr 14, 2008, 10:06 AM »
The kind where the float plane drops you off on the remote lake with only one cabin and you spend a whole week of marathon fishing from dawn til dusk, chasing big pike and walleye!  ;D
But ice fishing's nice too and yak fishing and finessing the finicky crappie and...

fish_finder

« Reply #16 on: Apr 14, 2008, 10:15 AM »
 Castin top water lures from shore or boat
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

copperjohn

« Reply #17 on: Apr 14, 2008, 10:57 AM »
I enjoy dry fly fishing to rising squaretails the most.  When I can site and stalk a surface sipping monster and then spend more time than I should convincing him to take my drift.  It gets personal and sometimes the trash talk gets kind of silly (me, not the fish), but nothing beats releasing a formidable adversary to do battle another day.  I also like being hip deep in "his" water.

mrcrowley138

« Reply #18 on: Apr 14, 2008, 11:32 AM »
Float fishing for anything from bluegill to northerns is probably my number one.  Float fishing for northerns is often accompanied by casting spoons as well, so I guess that would be my second favorite.  Topwater is right up there to.  Generally I don't like bass fishing, but I'll take anything that will explode on a topwater.  That's a rush.

Drifter_016

« Reply #19 on: Apr 14, 2008, 02:42 PM »
Fishing a center pin for Steelhead.  ;D
Second is trolling for trout and salmon.

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #20 on: Apr 14, 2008, 06:52 PM »
i love jigging and casting bobbers for any kind of panfish or trout, by the way, on backwoods streams try a small grasshopper on an Aberdeen hook with a small bobber, works great drifted by logs

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2008, 06:56 PM »
My favorite is fishing big Buggers and Streamers while chasing Browns.
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2008, 07:06 PM »
i love jigging and casting bobbers for any kind of panfish or trout, by the way, on backwoods streams try a small grasshopper on an Aberdeen hook with a small bobber, works great drifted by logs
THANKS I THOUGHT ABOUT TRYING HOPPERS THIS YEAR AS THAT FLY ALWAYS PRODUCES WELL WHEN I FLY FISH SMALL STREAMS AND NOW GOT THE IDEA ON THIS FORUM TO USE SMALL RUBBER BANDS TO HOLD THE HOPPER TO THE HOOK SO AS TO AVOID THEM FALLING OF SO IM GOING TO GIVE IT A TRY

Rozycki

« Reply #23 on: Apr 18, 2008, 05:39 AM »
Ice fishing.  I was new to it this year and couldn't get enough

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: Apr 18, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Im with chezmoose!! That sounds AWESOME!!
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

MasterAngler

« Reply #25 on: Apr 18, 2008, 11:21 AM »
Icefishing is number #1, but since this is an openwater forum, my fav openwater methods are, #1. Casting the cabbage for monster pike, #2. Jigging and trolling for walleye, #3. Fishing big Channel Cats on the Red River.
Seven days without fishing, makes one weak.

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #26 on: Apr 18, 2008, 11:44 AM »
#1:  Fishing deer hair surface popper to the FAT smallmouth in the NYC Water Supply...  There is not much in (freshwater)angling that compares to a 5lb Bronzeback *EXPLODING* on a surface fly around sunset as the Bald Eagles fly in for a closer look...  Big smallies are insane, and having a TON of them in one area is as fun as it gets, in my book...

#2:  Anything having to do with big, mean Northerns...  Casting plugs, trolling spoons, bombing big streamers into the weedlines...  It's all good...

#3:  Tarpon- but since leaving the Everglades I don't get those chances anymore...  But in my mind, they are the only fish that give Smallies a run for their money.  Imagine a 120lb Smallmouth and you'll get the idea...  There is something about a fish CARTWHEELING through the mangroves that can get you excited and scared at the same time...
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

chimo

« Reply #27 on: Apr 18, 2008, 11:52 AM »
Hard to say any one is better than another but Ice fishing #1, then, everything from trolling to topwater to jigging to baitfishing for northerns bass crappies and perch.  Just to mix things up a bit I started flyfishing this spring and look to be spending quite a bit of time doing that this year.  good fishin

chimo

sperrin

« Reply #28 on: Apr 18, 2008, 02:01 PM »
The most fun I have fishing is tossing big spoons and lunker northern pike! Awesome...cant wait for the season to open up this year!

Stevo
A bad day fishing is still better then a good day at work!

bigbrookie

« Reply #29 on: Apr 18, 2008, 02:10 PM »
slow trolling lake clear wobblers and streamers in the adirondacks for big brookies. hence the name!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.