FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: fishing dog  (Read 5391 times)

keva

Re: fishing dog
« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2009, 03:03 PM »
Does anyone  else have trouble with their dog chasing their lures. I have got her to leave the lure alone when it dangles, but when I cast it she goes in fetch mode and dives in trying to get it ::). She is a black lab and loves the water and the game of fetch. I suppose if I had a boat or took the time to teach her not to she would not go in after it, but for now I normally leave her home.

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 27, 2009, 08:00 AM »
Depends on how well behaved the dog is. Mine was just fine in the boat untill I tayght him to swim. Now he wont stay in the boat! God forbid the ducks come around.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #17 on: Feb 27, 2009, 11:36 AM »
Does anyone  else have trouble with their dog chasing their lures. I have got her to leave the lure alone when it dangles, but when I cast it she goes in fetch mode and dives in trying to get it ::). She is a black lab and loves the water and the game of fetch. I suppose if I had a boat or took the time to teach her not to she would not go in after it, but for now I normally leave her home.
Oh yeah, my Dad was out fishing last summer and our Chocolate Lab decided he would try out the stink bait and he liked it. Treble hook and all, one gulp. A quick trip to the Vet and $425 and he's good as new.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

casey10

« Reply #18 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:48 PM »
I dont think my buddy would like it if I showed up with my 2 dogs (117 and 106 lbs) to go in his 14' boat. He brings his own dog and it jumps all over and tries to bite the lures when we are casting. Not all the time but enough to be distracting.

taxid

« Reply #19 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:38 PM »
That or you could spend those tourist dollars getting rid of tackle in your dogs stomach. 

Never had a dog that ate my tackle. Have you?  ??? 

Edit: Never had a lab so maybe that's it?

My last dog did get so excited when I got a fish on that she got in the way of the landing net but that always had me in stitches so I didn't mind. God I miss her. She knew when the float went down it was a fish and she would go bananas.  ;D

Guys the lake is a little lake I used to fish when I was a kid. I have fond memories there. It has no development on it and is a real gem. Crystal clear water and electrics only. The feds have taken it over as part of conservation land and the rules they come up with are ridiculous. I'm all for protecting the lake but stuff like not being able to fish until 10 A.M. and having to be off the lake by early evening is just nuts. And you know what the real kicker is? Kids come in with four wheelers after hours and have drunken parties. When I complained about it to the local cops they said they couldn't catch them. I wanted to say maybe you need to put the donut down and put some effort into it. I know I could catch them. All it would take is a well marked chain (orange flags) across the trail and me waiting with a gun.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Rairdog

« Reply #20 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:23 PM »
I can't take my labs.  They will not stay out of the water.   The only way to keep them from chasing my lure when I cast was to throw a stick in the opposite direction first.  That got old real quick.   

PerchandPans

« Reply #21 on: Mar 08, 2009, 04:24 PM »
 The owner of a resort on the Klamath river where I worked had  a GSP and it would pace and whine until someone would cast then jump in the river and bring back a rock that he could barely lift with his mouth pawing in the water until he got it then bring it to shore then do the whole scenario over again .   It made lawn mowing a challenge to say the least and we had to kennel him for the pacific Salmon and Steelhead season.
     Didn't try to put him in a boat :laugh:   Great dog just a little short in the brain dept. They claim he cut his paw in bird dog training  school  and had to come home ,we think he flunked  :laugh:

fishermantim4

« Reply #22 on: Mar 11, 2009, 09:33 AM »
i took my grandpas dog crappie fishing last spring.  lets just say the crappie were not as easy to clean headless.  luckily the dog didnt eat any of the fillets, just the heads  :D
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

icefisher45

« Reply #23 on: Mar 11, 2009, 10:24 AM »
My beagle passed away, I miss having a dog with me. My wife said no to replacing her. Labs do love the water.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work, Take a kid fishing

OTIS

« Reply #24 on: Mar 11, 2009, 12:09 PM »
My wife has a little yappy dog, but it loves to go fishing.  My beagles could care less.  I usually fill a cooler up with water and put the perch and walleye in it for him.  That little dog will play with those fish for hours.  He's very inquisitive about the lures, but luckily he's too small to do much.  When I pick up a rod and start reeling, he thinks there's always a fish on the end.  Wish it were that easy...
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Strike-Zone

« Reply #25 on: Mar 11, 2009, 02:41 PM »
My beagle passed away, I miss having a dog with me. My wife said no to replacing her. Labs do love the water.

I'd Replace the Wife with a new Beagle Pup .
Never Open a Can of Worms Unless You Plan to go Fishing!

I may do Foolish things but at least I do them with ENTHUSIASM!

SO MANY FISH ------ SO LITTLE TIME

Drifter_016

« Reply #26 on: Mar 11, 2009, 05:44 PM »

I'd Replace the Wife with a new Beagle Pup .

ME TOO!!!!

taxid

« Reply #27 on: Mar 21, 2009, 02:34 PM »

Dude,

Here's your magazine! Just kidding!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

MeatHunter737

• GutPileStyle
« Reply #28 on: Mar 21, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Dude thats funny......  8)

Natty

« Reply #29 on: Mar 22, 2009, 11:18 AM »
Good god....Don't say fishing my black lab will run me over to get in the boat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.