FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Favorite fishing beverage?  (Read 7228 times)

slipbob

Favorite fishing beverage?
« on: May 05, 2004, 03:24 PM »
Okay everybody what do you like out there on the water?  Do you bring some icetea, sodas, water, coffee, or maybe, just maybe beer?  I find myself bringing at least 2 beers and a gatorade in my backpack which contains all necessary fishing stuff.  I like to bring some darker beer like stout or porter because as it warms up it tastes better.  It's not the stuff you want on ice but I don't bring a cooler unless I boat fish which I don't do much of now because I don't have a boat.   

Cider

Re: Favorite fishing beverage?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 03:28 PM »
I find myself bringing at least 2 beers and a gatorade in my backpack which contains all necessary fishing stuff. 

Add ten to your beer count (assuming that I don't have to drive the boat) and switch the gatorade for suntea (no sugar or lemon) or fresh squeezed lemonade!  ;D

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 04:11 PM »
Cold water is my favorite.  It hydrates, is not fattening, and quenches thirst better than any other liquid.  Any water is my favorite, warm, hot, it doesn't matter as long as it's wet. 

During a hot day on or in the water, nothing refreshes and keeps me focused like a nice drink of water.

Don't get me wrong, I like the taste of the above mentioned beverages, but I want to be at my best while fishing, that's all.  I'll save the brewskis for when I get home (or back to camp).

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 05:01 PM »
Gatorade for hydration, beer for dehydration. ::)
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 05:04 PM »
I would have to say gatorade or powerade. Water is the best thing for thirst quenching, and it doesn't fill you up like other things. Gotta be ice cold though.

Tyler

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 05:11 PM »
 Tang Orange is not bad!! I Do not like plain water :) 
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 05:12 PM »
Tang Orange is not bad!! I Do not like plain water :) 
I grew up on that stuff, I think if I ever tasted that stuff again I'd be sick.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 07:27 PM »
H2O,  followed by Bud. Try to keep the adult beverages for the darker hours but occaisionally I will crack one in broad daylight after a long session.
FM
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 07:31 PM »
Ah man, coffee in the AM, beer in the PM.  Who cares about hydration!  Caffination, intoxication, and of course, urination...

seaweed01

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 07:51 PM »
I enjoy a brew or two when I am not driving the boat or vehicle. Other than
that its water.  Of course if it is a cold day, nothing beats a hot cup of coffee.

reubenpa

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004, 07:59 PM »
a swig of fish slime then a good thirst quencher of creek water and I am fine!!! lol

If I take anything fishing it is water, and if I am catfishing it would be moutain Dew, but I won't touch that beer stuff!!!!   I wanna be a normal human instead of a dumb intoxicated idiot stumbling all over the place puking!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004, 08:34 PM »
coffee early, fruit -2-0  and then maybe a beer :P
Scotty 

fozsey

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2004, 09:14 PM »
Water, DC and maybe Dr. P. No beer til after all is done. Bac here is .08 inc. the wet road and they do check.

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2004, 09:16 PM »
I wanna be a normal human instead of a dumb intoxicated idiot stumbling all over the place puking!!!
Gee I guess if that was what happened to me when I had a beer I'd be afraid to go near it too! I feel your pain man.
FM
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Webguy

• Lured into it....... get reel!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.