FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Favorite fishing beverage?  (Read 7227 times)

Polar

Re: Favorite fishing beverage?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2004, 07:15 AM »
Sometimes it's water,coffee,ice tea or beer.

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2004, 09:31 AM »
Water, iced tea or lemonade!  My uncle used to have what he called his snake bite kit on his boat.  It was a locking hardside briefcase/suitcase style box that had the inside lined with red velvet and pockets designed to hold a bottle of Black Velvet, bottle of Squirt, 4 Highball glasses and a silver drink stirrer.  The kit never left his boat  ;D.
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2004, 06:41 PM »
Haha, I just chill when I drink a few.  I love to drink while I'm cooking, the recipe is never quite the same.  "Variety is the spice of life."  I really don't like to drink more than like 3 though. 

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2004, 08:50 PM »
Labatts Lite on shore and water in the boat!!!!
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Esox

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2004, 07:21 PM »

Cider

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2004, 08:03 PM »
Hey sandman, I think you missed a category...

beer in the morning - beer after that!!  ;D

Jigwiggler

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2004, 02:27 PM »
I really don't like to drink more than like 3 though. 

I agree Otter!   3 six packs is my limit!  ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Mudbug

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2004, 03:52 PM »
This is a recipe for a beverage I brew up when fishing in the cooler weather. First, I go down to the lake and get a coffee can of water, pour it in a Krupps expresso steamer. Pack the coffee basket as tight as possible with Java high octane coffee from some island where Pygmys live. The sell it on E-Bay for about fitty bucks for a coupla kees. If necessary pack the bowl with a hammer. Steam the heck outta the coffee, it will look like oil, this is good. Run out 6 oz. . Pour in a beeker, add an ounce of heavy cream and float an ounce or two of some good whiskey on top, stir if you want to. I don't. Slam it down. Do Not use a styro cup, the oils and acids in the swill will make it spongy. This is not a drink for the faint hearted or weemen.  Enjoy.

wny angler

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2004, 05:13 PM »
water

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2004, 09:07 PM »
Oh my,  where to begin. ::) 

FB,  I would hate to see the tree that got you mad when you were drinking beer :o, I don't like plain water,
Otter,  let your brother drive the boat,
Reuben,  don't be prejudiced towards beer drinkers,  not everyone gets drunk,  falls down,  and pukes :-X,
Esox,  may favorite non-beer beverage is Pepsi 8),
Sandman,  try Bloodymary in the morning-then beer after that and Screwdriver in the morning-then beer after that (that is what I like to do up North) usually nap in between though ;D

In the end though,  I don't really have time to drink anything when I am casting for fish,  mostly drinking when bobber fishing,  or maybe trolling;  I do tend to spill a lot when I am drinking anything in the boat. :P

reubenpa

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2004, 11:51 PM »
Reuben,  don't be prejudiced towards beer drinkers,  not everyone gets drunk,  falls down,  and pukes :-X,

I am not as prejudiced as I sound, I just find it funny and disgusting that everybody raves over a drink that can make you be stupid, and potentually lose everything if it really takes control.  It slurs speech make one stagger, causes wrecks which kill people.  Even one drink leaves a smell.  If I eat onions I stink so I feel a little self conscious when I am around others. I don't want them to have to get a wiff of my onion breath.  Also as a non-drinker, I save a lot of money. 
I understand that not everybody goes to the complete drunkenness, but let me ask a question...  Would you tell your 4 year old boy that he can light the fuse on the stick of dynamite and play with it just so he never lets it burn the whole way to the stick part???  My two cents

Nobody take offence to my thoughts, just understand where I come from !!!!!     Tight lines and catch many fish!! beer or no beer  lol
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Cider

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2004, 08:02 PM »
I have to agree with you Sandman.  I like my beer and bourbon.  I even like to get drunk occasionally.  However, I think getting googley while fishing just doesn't mix.  I like to be in control.  I will drink beer at a steady slow rate during the day, but not enough to hurt my fish catching ability or my safety.  If I am driving then I really keep it to a bare minimum if any at all.

I was on a hardwater trip one weekend for a large derby.  It was a great day; almost 35 degrees and the sun was shining bright.  It was nice enough to be on the ice in your short-sleeves with the tunes going and the bud flowing.

We saw this guy coming across the ice towing a sled with something hanging out of the front and back.  When they got within 50 yds I could clearly see that it was a person.  The guy in the sled was soaked from the waist down and was lifeless.

I thought for sure he had gone through and drowned and that his buddy was in shock.  Suddenly, they stopped and the guy in the sled came to and rolled out, barfed, and flopped back into the sled like a big fish!

I asked his friend who was towing him off the lake what had happened.  He replied that they decided to drink a shot of schnapps every 10 minutes until someone caught a laker.  Guess they found out the hard way that they were fishing an area where there weren't any lakers!  They consumed at least one full bottle, maybe more.

I imagine that they were too drunk that morning to even pick out a likely spot to catch fish let alone any lakers!

Have fun, but keep your wits about if you want to stay safe and catch fish.  It is a fine line to walk, but can be done!  ;D

got em

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2004, 08:16 PM »
 ;) I bring nothing,I'm out to fish not drink..maybe some beef jerkey..

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2004, 09:39 PM »
I usually only bring gatorade or water, but if I found a better way to pack it, I'm the biggest tea drinker this side of the mississippi.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2004, 06:58 AM »
In PA the blood alcohol limit is .08 and this applies to boats too.  All the more reason to take it easy on the beer while on the water.  Last summer there were 3 DUI's issued within a mile of my house on our local river.  :o This all but eliminated our annual "Pontoon run" where on the first nice weekend of the summer we would launch 20+ miles upstream, role a 1/2 keg onto the Pontoon boat and drift all day and into the night.  That was a lot of fun but we catch more fish now since it is hard to reel with a beer in your hand.  ;)
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.