FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: FireLine question  (Read 4193 times)

fishing_nut

Re: FireLine question
« Reply #30 on: Apr 09, 2005, 06:30 AM »
it all depends on what you are fishing for i'v used fire line for a number of years now ..
come to find out it is starting to cut my line guides on my rods so i went to spider wire ..
hopes  that might help the problem..
catch-n tackle pro staff
bio bait pro staff
catch-n.com pro staff

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #31 on: Apr 09, 2005, 05:15 PM »
I've found the stuff very difficult to cut at all. The 14/6 fireline actually works good as pike leader. Never had a bite off.

Tyler

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #32 on: Apr 11, 2005, 12:38 AM »
 Thank you everyone for your responses, most informative. I can't wait to give try.
 Hopefully the weather will coperate and the ice will be off by opening day. ;D ;)

Water Wolf
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Pikeguy

« Reply #33 on: Apr 13, 2005, 08:56 AM »
I will make a suggestion. Buy the "braid blades" scissors that they sell. Those things will cut fireline like it was mono. :flex:

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #34 on: Apr 14, 2005, 01:18 PM »
While trooling had some fireline damage the my reel, where the bail meets the arm that houses it. It dug in and create a groove that the line gets stuck into. I used some expoy and close the opening. Now I check that reel and how the line is riding from bail to spool.
I do not find that jigging with fire line is a problem, it is how you set the hook and play fish. The low strech show be helpful connecting more power to the hookset. It can be too much and create a larger hole from the hookset, if you go slack=lost fish. Not TV hookset.
I no longer use it for a leader ice fishing that experiment failed horribly 30lb&45lb, steel quick strike.
Tying knots can be a pain.
Yes I also use duct tape to the reel first to keep it from spinning.
Internet heros give it a rest!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.