FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey! Happy St. Paddy's Day!  (Read 3267 times)

Cider

Hey! Happy St. Paddy's Day!
« on: Mar 17, 2004, 01:15 PM »
Anyone up for some corned beef and cabbage?  ;D

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light,
May good luck pursue you each morning and night.

Here's to a long life and a merry one
A quick death and an easy one
A pretty girl and an honest one
A cold beer and another one!

There are many good reasons for drinking,
One has just entered my head.
If a man doesn't drink when he's living,
How in the he!! can he drink when he's dead?

May you be in
Heaven a half hour before the
Devil knows you're dead!

May the best day of your past (fishing season)
Be the worst day of your future (fishing season).

Happy St. Patrick's Day and Good Fishing this Season Everyone!

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
Re: Hey! Happy St. Paddy's Day!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2004, 01:28 PM »
right back at you Cider. I like the line about the beer.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

Webguy

• Lured into it....... get reel!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2004, 01:36 PM »
Thanks for the limerick and the well wishes, Cider!

can_of_worms

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2004, 01:43 PM »
Ahh yes Cider you have gone and made the day a wee bit longer for me now. I am waiting for the bride to get home, so we can go tip a few green beers back, and enjoy some corned beef. Us McNulty's  have quite a desire for some beverage on this day. We even named our dog Murphy. Take care all.

icefishnh

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2004, 02:22 PM »
well gentlemen, if i was 21 and drank, id have a toast. but since i dont drink, ill have a soda to the irish!
I like big fish and I cannot lie!

Cider

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2004, 03:10 PM »
Ahh yes Cider you have gone and made the day a wee bit longer for me now. I am waiting for the bride to get home, so we can go tip a few green beers back, and enjoy some corned beef. Us McNulty's  have quite a desire for some beverage on this day. We even named our dog Murphy. Take care all.

Make mine a pint of Guinness!  ;)

flynuts2004

« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2004, 04:00 PM »
"Yes" What a day, Today would have been my Grand-Fathers birthday and he would have been 105....  God rest his Fly Fishing sole, this man placed my first Flyrod into my hands. He had a saying "Teach a Child to Fly Fish and the rewards will return to you" His saying was out of text but read into it and you will understand....

I would like to THANK two people in this site as they bring back feelings of my grand-father and the times I got to fish with him as in reading there postings. They are Cider and Trevor ---------Thank You-----

Rick

Cider

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2004, 04:53 PM »
"I would like to THANK two people in this site as they bring back feelings of my grand-father and the times I got to fish with him as in reading there postings. They are Cider and Trevor ---------Thank You-----

Rick

:-[  :-[  Wow, thank you!  That is about the best compliment anyone has ever paid me!

Seriously, I know the sentiment all too well.  My grandfather introduced me to fly fishing, bird hunting, baseball, and college hockey.  He also taught me to use extra real maple syrup on your pancakes so you can use your spoon to "drink" it when the pancakes are gone, sardines in olive oil and red-delicious apples are the staple lunch for a bird hunter (save the oil for the dog!), and to leave a fresh jug of apple cider in the garage for a week or two because it is better when it gets bubbly!   :P  I am sure that there are a lot of other things I owe him for.  We have a pretty tight relationship and I have him to thank for a lot of great memories!  :)

akdg

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2004, 05:15 PM »
Two Irishmen are out fishing in a boat when one of them pulls up a bottle on his line.  A Gene appears out of it and tells the men that he can grant them one wish and one wish only.  The first man blurts out "turn the ocean into Guinness beer" boom, with a puff of smoke the Gene vanishes and the water all around the boat turns to Guinness.  The second man turns to the first and yells, "you idiot, now we are going to have to pee in the boat". ;D     Happy St. Paddy's day!

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2004, 06:53 PM »
cute joke.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.