FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!  (Read 381547 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!
« Reply #660 on: Apr 10, 2020, 06:53 AM »
Looks good Ed. One of my favorites..
Was thinking of yours when I made this.

drowndin dots

« Reply #661 on: Apr 10, 2020, 06:54 AM »
That looks pretty spectacular. I've got everything I need to do it from scratch. Except.....no peas for us. I'll probably add in some of our home grown frozen wax beans instead.

I'll make the crust and I have a couple packages of Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits for the top. That ougt to work.

Thanks Ed...I know what I'm cooking tomorrow.

Rg
You gonna do the chicken on the Webber?

drowndin dots

« Reply #662 on: Apr 10, 2020, 06:54 AM »
drowndin dots, thanks for sharing! This looks simple and awesome. It might rank right up there with Sheppard's pie...
Having made both , I'd put this above the Pie, barely.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #663 on: Apr 10, 2020, 07:19 AM »
That'll depend on the weather. I'm thinking I'll probably roast some boneless thighs in the oven. Or I have some really rich stock I made for a Veloute' a while back. I might even steam sauté the chicken (cubed) in that, add in the veggies and  thicken it with a roux.

Whatcha think?

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

« Reply #664 on: Apr 10, 2020, 07:23 AM »
I like the Steamed Idea, I was gonna do something similar with Chicken breast tenders, but the roasted chicken just gives it so much flavor. It was worth the risk going to Wally World for it. Strange experience there, they are herding customers through the self check out area, only 2 registers with cashiers open. another dozen self check out lanes closed. Seems counter productive to group everyone up like that.....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #665 on: Apr 10, 2020, 07:38 AM »
I waited in line with the seniors on Tuesday. While they were limiting the number of customers, 99% were in the grocery section. If I have to go, I'll go during regular hours and wear my mask and gloves.

This is far from over.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #666 on: Apr 10, 2020, 07:41 AM »
Everything looks great fellas... Pot pie this weekend for sure. Between being at home a bit more lately and this thread I've put on 10 pounds. Recipes should include a music playlist to listen too while on the elliptical lol...

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #667 on: Apr 10, 2020, 08:11 AM »
Here ya go stealth...    8) 8)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #668 on: Apr 10, 2020, 08:16 AM »
The Pot Pie is on my “to cook” list for sure!! Looks awesome!!!
Shepherds pie sounds great too!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #669 on: Apr 10, 2020, 08:17 AM »
Just happen to have that album in my collection...✌✌

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #670 on: Apr 10, 2020, 08:20 AM »
Nice...

drowndin dots

« Reply #671 on: Apr 10, 2020, 09:40 AM »
This thread is such a needed distraction form all the craziness going on out there..... Love to cook and share recipes with all of you. And its a perfect time to try new stuff, that was actually my very first Pot Pie despite my many years in a kitchen as a professional Chef and at home. Happy Good Friday and Whats on the Easter menu ? I got a spiral cut ham and I'll do some scalloped potatos, and 4 lobster tails for the wife and I. We usually do a family style dinner but given the times we will be alone. Much of the day will be spent on the phone and some video chats with family, it's gonna be rough not seeing everyone but it's the safe thing to do so we all agreed to distance.   

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #672 on: Apr 10, 2020, 09:59 AM »
Totally agree with you pal.   Im lucky enough to have a cousin a couple miles up the hill who raises beefers and his sister raises chickens, and a buddy who supply's us with a lot of pork every year in exchange for a couple skull mounts. 
  Big ham, mashed potatoes and the rest of the fixings.   Gotta have the rasin sauce and some cream corn..  probably a 7 layer salad and who knows what's for dessert.... ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #673 on: Apr 10, 2020, 02:31 PM »
Just my Bride and I as well here. Ham and mashed taters with who knows what else. Sure will miss my kids and Grandson.

Pot pie tomorrow for sure. My Bride is looking forward to it. She loves that kind of food.

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #674 on: Apr 10, 2020, 03:36 PM »

For Easter this year no family just the mrs and myself , spiral ham , mashed with gravy , roasted green beans , with onions and red peppers,
 For dessert creme Brûlée

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.