FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New lake outside Moose Creek?  (Read 3483 times)

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
New lake outside Moose Creek?
« on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:39 PM »
Well I talked with a couple folks from fish and game this past week.  We somehow got on the topic of pike in the Tanana river valley, and the lack there of decent pike holes up the Rich hwy.  Kinda interesting what they told me....  They claim that there working on building an extremely long and shallow lake that will be attached to moose creek?  This lake will actually be a gravel pit, (at first) that will take much needed gravel out for use on two overpasses on the highway system.  Once the pit is finished, they'll dredge out most of the bordering land and create a huge shallow spawning/ feeding habitat for pike, burbot, whitefish, and suckers.  Sounds like a great plan!  Since moose creek will supply water and O2 for the fish, and it's attached to the Tanana through the piledriver slough/moosecreek area, this sounds like a pretty good plan.  The nice thing is "NO TROUT!!!"   ;D ;D

fishermanjake

Re: New lake outside Moose Creek?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:43 PM »
sounds like a great icefishing spot....maybe a good duck hunting spot as well :o

Barleydog

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:59 PM »
Yup, DUCKS!!!!

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2004, 04:50 PM »
Barleydog,
Sounds like good news for you guys.  Just want to say that you have a great looking dog there!!!!  Cannot wait for when I get out of the Marines and can get me a good Lab.

T/L
Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

Barleydog

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2004, 10:41 PM »
Thanks Steve,  When do you retire? or seperate?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.