FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Upper Berkshire County Scouting Report  (Read 720 times)

bogtrotter

Upper Berkshire County Scouting Report
« on: Dec 16, 2023, 04:54 PM »
This morning, I headed down to Pittsfield to go to the Greek pastry sale at St. George's church (God bless Greek grandmas) and then do a little fishing on the drive home.

It was sunny, with temps in the mid-to-upper 40's.

Thanks to an engineering feat (for me) comparable to the Manhattan Project and the Moon Landing, I was able to connect my Walkman with the futuristic dashboard of my 2020 car. 

As a result, I was able to enjoy one of the tapes from my Old Time Radio Mysteries collection as I made my appointed rounds.

Talk about a triumphant pairing of late 1940's content with mid 1980's technology. 

Driving home from the pastry sale, I stopped and took a few casts at the NW Housatonic (nothing) and W Housatonic (nada) in Pittsfield, as well as the South Hoosic (zilch) in Adams.

Then, after stopping home to drop off my precious cargo, I zipped up to North Adams and fished Hudson Brook at the Natural Marble Bridge State Park, where I did a bit better - - four (5" - 9") brookies and two (one 8" and one 12") browns.

I also stopped to check out Fish Pond (Windsor Lake), but since most of the perimeter was covered by a 50 foot wide strip of skim ice, there didn't seem much point in trying to fish it, so I called it a day around 1 PM.

Steve H.

Re: Upper Berkshire County Scouting Report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2023, 08:04 AM »
Great post.  Nice to see you're still able to wet a line and bring a few trout to hand!  Happy New Year.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.