FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Erie  (Read 2060 times)

RoeBoat

Erie
« on: Jun 11, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Lucked out this weekend with the weather.  Somehow we were able to make it out both days and didn't get beat up by the waves.  Pulled a 5 man limit Sat casting harnesses and worms north of west sister.  Started the same way Sunday but the bite was slow.  Switched to trolling spoons on jets and dipsies around 11 and left them biting good around 12:30.  No big fish just good eaters.  Threw back many shorts.  Had nothing over about 4lbs.

gilldan

Re: Erie
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2018, 07:49 PM »
Good job.   I haven't been home to talk to my buddies that go up about every weekend.  Two weekends ago they pounded some eaters with a couple of big ones thrown in.  The weekend before that they were there 4 days and couldn't get for 2 of them due to the wind.   I'm in VT right now for the week.  Trout fishing is in full swing out here but the streams are low so catching is a little slow right now.  I have talked to guys and gals that are getting a few.  It's a little cool at night (42 -45) with highs in the 62 -64 range.

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2018, 09:16 PM »
Our trip Sunday for Erie got cancelled

indianahooker

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2018, 06:05 AM »
thats a nice haul of fillets there, congrats!

RoeBoat

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2018, 10:23 AM »
Our trip Sunday for Erie got cancelled

Yeah, I heard some Captains had cancelled trips.  I think we got real lucky with the weather.  I didn't think we would make it back out Sunday.  Left the best bite we had all weekend about 12:30 pulling spoons because we committed to leaving around noon.  Dang weather is always tough on the big lake.

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2018, 11:23 AM »
That’s the hard part knowing how good the fishing had been.

RoeBoat

« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2018, 12:09 PM »
The good thing is that the fishing should be great all year.  Hopefully you can get rescheduled.  I hope to get back up this fall and try for a big girl.

tater140

« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2018, 01:09 PM »
Congrats on a good mess.  Those big lake eyes sure are a lot of fun.  Glad to see you got on em.

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 2018, 05:30 PM »
Congratulations

Jig_Head

« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2018, 09:04 PM »
Wow, great trip! That's the best size right there

RoeBoat

« Reply #10 on: Jun 22, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Hard to deal with the weather up there.  I'm sure a guy could get a limit of eaters out by west sister right now in a couple of hours, weather permitting of course.  So many fish in that lake it's crazy.

boondox

« Reply #11 on: Jun 22, 2018, 02:42 PM »
Yup so many walleye this year most were over 4 pounds I cought..  they been doing good on bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses chartruse and fire tiger been working..  I have been reading in the dnr reports on erie..  but I sold the boat only beem shore fishing lately  so not sure??  been reading they were doing good at the mouth of the detroit river then they pulled back towards canada and deep water two weeks ago..  there probably in  areirl Canada by now. . In the deep cool water that's were  deep water is over there.. water temp last I looked was 62.9*f on the st clair river..  but it's a little cooler in lake huron and erie in the areirl canada area and etc deeper water..

boondox

« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2018, 02:42 PM »
By the way!!  way to go!!! On catching all those eyes!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.