FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Be Careful This Week  (Read 2218 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Be Careful This Week
« on: Mar 16, 2010, 09:15 AM »
Flooding everywhere is really going to make things difficult for us anglers this week and maybe into the weekend.  The Potomac is raging and the water is cold and coffee color.  Find some better water and the action could be good elsewhere though.  White perch should be running soon and some yellow perch should still be available in our tidal waters along with crappie, bass and pickerel.  Largemouth should be fattening up for the spawn, so try big spinnerbaits with large willow blades (white works best for me in the spring) and you could get that bass of a lifetime.  Smallmouth action might be tough with all of the flooding as well as the walleyes, so if you attempt to target the upper rivers be careful.  The lakes should be full right now so if you can find clean water you could find some action, especially crappies and perch this time of year.  That said, if we get a nice warm day, stained water warms fast and spinnerbaits are king for big largemouth, but don't overlook in line spinners either because the vibration and flash can catch you a lot of panfish and stocked trout in our local lakes.

OK, I'm done rambling today...time to get out and fish.  My next trip is Saturday but I'm not sure yet where I'm going, but look for my report in the reports section!  Good luck everyone!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.