FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Father's Day Fishing  (Read 930 times)

bogtrotter

Father's Day Fishing
« on: Jun 18, 2017, 04:37 PM »
I fished all three branches of the Hoosic (i.e., the North, Main and South) today, caught trout on all three, and caught at least one of each of the three types of trout - - brookie, brown and rainbow (sorry, no lakers in my neck of the woods).

So I'm chalking it up as a double hat-trick: i.e., 3 streams and 3 of trout.

(A hat-trick squared would be catching one of each of the three types of trout on each one of the branches. But that's a goal for another day).

I fished from around 10:30 AM to about 2 PM. Sunny, blue skies, temps in the upper 80's,

I started on the North Hoosic by the Natural Marble Bridge State Park in North Adams, where I caught a 13" rainbow, a 9" brown and an 8" brookie. Then I headed downstream to the Eclipse Mill dam, where, I landed a 15" rainbow.

Next, I drove west across town on Route 2 to the Main Branch. I started by the Ashton Avenue Bridge, but, after no luck there, I backtracked a ways to the Central Radio roll dam, where I reeled in a 16" rainbow after an odd fight.

(He initially hit, I thought I lost him, then I noticed I had a lot of slack, and all of a sudden, he launched himself out of the water from behind me and landed a few feet in front of me),

Finally, I headed south on Route 8 to Cheshire, where I fished below the Cheshire Harbor dam, and caught another 13" rainbow (a book- end to the first one of the day).

lowaccord66

Re: Father's Day Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2017, 07:52 AM »
Nice day Jim.  I hit the mowhawk in NY and had trouble starting the 140 in the am. Did a 8 mile or so run no problem but a couple hours later couldn't get it started again.  Had to troll the entire way back on electric which was quite the effort.

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2017, 03:41 PM »
Nice day Jim.  I hit the mowhawk in NY and had trouble starting the 140 in the am. Did a 8 mile or so run no problem but a couple hours later couldn't get it started again.  Had to troll the entire way back on electric which was quite the effort.

Ouch!  Sorry to hear your day was not as fortunate as mine.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2017, 07:11 PM »
Ouch!  Sorry to hear your day was not as fortunate as mine.

Well...I did eat two eyes from yesterday which were outstanding.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.