FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Back at it  (Read 795 times)

rivereddy

Back at it
« on: Apr 21, 2022, 07:21 AM »
Who knew retirement would keep one so busy.  It had been nearly a month since
I last fished.  Weather and unexpected, but necessary travel were the culprits.
At any rate I paid a call to the local yesterday. A brief summary... The jig box I
took contained baits lighter than the rod I took was rated for ergo...cast one,
perfect but no bite. Cast 2, found the only limb in range and lost the jig. Cast three
found a limb in the other direction but I got it back. Cast 4, adjusted for range and
proceeded to hang up on the same limb as cast 3. Lost jig.. Cast 5 Dug outa a casting
bubble, put on a new jig and, hit the water. Caught a 9 inch redear Go figure

fihs on,

rivereddy

Teacherpreacher

Re: Back at it
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2022, 10:50 AM »
 :laugh: :laugh:That's hilarious!! But really not!! At least you got out. Weather has not been very conducive for sure!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

rivereddy

Re: Back at it
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2022, 06:48 PM »
Always good to have friends that live on the river. Preheated the oven at 400 deg and tossed
in an el cheapo pizza that we jazzed up with all kind of good things.  Box said 20 minutes 'til
done. What to do? Grabbed the ol' uglistick from under the seat. Used the same casting
bubble and 1/32 oz hair jig, as before.  10 minutes later, I gave a nice river smallie a stern
talking to about the perils of biting squirrel tail with a hook in it. Walked back up to the house
and had to wait 5 minutes for the zah to get done. Shortest fishing trip of the year...

fish on,

rivereddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.