FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Getting caught up  (Read 809 times)

rivereddy

Getting caught up
« on: May 17, 2022, 11:23 AM »
Stopped by the local yesterday.  it's been a while but the levels were finally conducive to a little wade fishing.  When I came
to the first riffle I saw motion in the water. I flipped down the shades to cut the glare and saw daddy smallie guarding a nest.
I also saw some smaller fish nearby. They were rock bass and bluegills harassing the male. so I put on a small jig and and began
harassing them.... I later moved to some deeper pools to avoid the smallies and wound up with a goodly number of gills and
goggle eyes.  It's a shame one can't safely eat fish out of this stream.

fish on,

rivereddy

Teacherpreacher

Re: Getting caught up
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 07:53 AM »
Good job! Too bad water is polluted!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

taxid

Re: Getting caught up
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 08:29 AM »
Stopped by the local yesterday.  it's been a while but the levels were finally conducive to a little wade fishing.  When I came
to the first riffle I saw motion in the water. I flipped down the shades to cut the glare and saw daddy smallie guarding a nest.
I also saw some smaller fish nearby. They were rock bass and bluegills harassing the male. so I put on a small jig and and began
harassing them.... I later moved to some deeper pools to avoid the smallies and wound up with a goodly number of gills and
goggle eyes.  It's a shame one can't safely eat fish out of this stream.

fish on,

rivereddy

What's the problem?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.