FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Striped bass fishing seminar  (Read 1292 times)

Roccus

Striped bass fishing seminar
« on: May 08, 2019, 06:47 AM »
I  will be presenting a striped bass fishing seminar for West marine in Woburn Mass. Friday 6/21/19 the actual Time to be announced.. It's free to the public and last year there was standing room only. I took questions and talked until they shut off the lights.

the main talk will be focused on night fishing with eels, I will have live eels with me to demonstrate hooking them.. I will  also discus/cover plug fishing and fishing with jigs and soft plastics as well as live lining mackerel and pogies... I'll have a some  of my custom plugs for show, and I might just raffle a few off...

I'll post the final details when they become available to me.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Striped bass fishing seminar
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 08:31 AM »
Joe,

Depending on the time, I may actually be able to make this even if I just stop by to say hi. I am on vacation that week heading back home on that Friday and driving right by that west marine on 95. If I were to guess, I would say I will be around that area at about 11:30-12:30. Possibly later if I make a lunch stop before hand. Keep me posted and its great that you are helping folks out like this yet again!

Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 09:17 AM »
I can try to make this too.  Especially if a jointed eel is raffled off! 

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Nice, hope I can make it....

Knot there yet

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 05:18 PM »
I’ll try.
Probably one of the scarier left turns in the state. West Marine Woburn

Roccus

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 06:30 PM »
I’ll try.
Probably one of the scarier left turns in the state. West Marine Woburn
Best thing to do is go right bye it and take a left at the next ligbt, then either use the parking lot or the next turn to make the turn with traffic,  I work on New Boston st and drive bye it everyday,  I've seen no.less than 50 accidents in the 24 years I've worked there .. like you said scary.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 08:47 AM »
Glad you guys mentioned this. I will be towing my bass boat with me and I will have the family in the vehicle with me. Joe, I will be coming from 95N. Are you saying take a left onto Mishawum Rd (west marine will be on my left) and keep driving past it and take a left to stay on Mishawum Rd? The parking lot I would turn around in would be Norther Bank and Trust. I can then just get back onto the main road and pull into West marine which will be on my right.
Wicked Wec

deerhunter

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 03:47 PM »
its beside the 99er now isn't it joe

Roccus

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 08:45 AM »
its beside the 99er now isn't it joe

Yes, also there is a Deangelo or subway or something at the light before it,with a not your average Joe's behind them..

It's a dangerous section of road considering it's in an industrial park, I only pay attention to the supply houses I use there.,I'm not even sure of some of the businesses  they come and go and my heads on a swivel when I'm on that road, I've been rear ended twice... both times by idiots playing with their phones.

On a topic note, I received a call from old friend Larry Craigs of the Plum Island surf casters (I'm a life time member) he's asked me to speak For the October 15 meeting, topic will be eel fishing the Merrimac river.

Speaking of the Plum Island surf casters, this month's feature speaker (this Tuesday night)will be Alan Butler (striper nut) if you haven't heard or seen one of his presentations your missing out on informative stuff
I'm going to try and make the meeting but I'm putting the boat in its slip that night, I'll have to hustle to make the deadline.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.