FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Central MA Reports  (Read 24736 times)

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
Central MA Reports
« on: Apr 15, 2005, 12:40 PM »
Post your reports here.............

If you do not wish to have your honey hole revealed then be cautious what and how you post.

Do not be a "Spot Burner"

Example report:

Fished Lake Mugz today. South end. Caught "x" amount of fish, all on Purple 5" Senko's. All fish were caught between 7:00 AM and 11:00 AM. Bite died at 12:00 Noon.

flapjack

• FISH, or go home!!!!
Re: Central MA Reports
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2005, 02:07 PM »
This is where I will be posting updates on Fishing at the Wachusett from now on. We should start a thread on "SPOTBURNERS" , make it like the sex offender registry for those who violate the trust. But I'm going to be upfront on this, Don't ask, I'll help with problems, gear, tips, bait and conditions, but please, no directions as to where I fish, if I recognize you from the forum however, I will introduce myself and extend my hand.  TIGHT LINES..........
Throw'em out with bait, kick back and wait !

flapjack

• FISH, or go home!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Flags all day, 14 fish landed, 4 beauties from 4 1/2  to 7lbs. awesome day on the water, fish galore! Water level has dropped about 1 foot, still a long ways to go before shore fishing conditions will improve.

Mark Barlow

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2005, 08:44 PM »
 I had 3 runners, but didn't get a hookset. I don't know if I had enough 4 lb test to land them anyway.

Mark Barlow

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2005, 05:08 AM »
 Hey Jack, you got to me on a bad day. Sorry. I'm by no means a spot burner. I fish all over Mass and R.I. and always looking to try a new lake. You are right, I started fishing for trout last year and I don't make a claim that I'm any good at it but that won't stop me from trying to get better at it.

flapjack

• FISH, or go home!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2005, 02:12 PM »
In all my angst this afternoon, forgot to post how well the crew did this morn. 3 men, 6 rod's , 4 hours, 21 fish.  Largest 5lbs 10 ozs. rest were rats to 3 lbs. Flags blazin' from sun-up on, doules and triples going twice. MUD SHARK CITY....

Dave_S

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2005, 06:02 PM »
We took the boat out on Flint pond - Lake Quinsigamond yesterday and Wallum lake today.  Caught some yellow perch in 15 FOW at Flint, mainly fished for bass without much luck once we got over to Quinsigamond (via Sunset beach).   Picked up some stockie rainbows on the troll at Wallum in about 30 FOW.  Not much else happening, no bass or pickerel at Wallum, everyone mostly trolling for salmon/trout.

flapjack

• FISH, or go home!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2005, 12:56 PM »
5 hours 6 fish all rats. Hot and flat. water has dropped another  8 to 12" couple of dry days we could be back on the gravel.

flapjack

• FISH, or go home!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2005, 02:39 PM »
10 fish, nothing over 3 lbs. Water to high to get to the dropoffs still.

flapjack

• FISH, or go home!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 24, 2005, 01:00 PM »
Made a halfhearted attempt to fish this morning, One look made the decision. Water was wild and has reached back to highest level after the deluge yesterday and last nite. Hpoefuly be able to give it hell during the week. NO MORE RAIN PLEASE ! The Quabin, as reported in the Worc. Telegram, has it at 99%, I'll bet thats changed too! Can only imagine the shore fishing conditions there.

amazinmoose

« Reply #10 on: Apr 24, 2005, 03:50 PM »
Fished the resi today, offa 70.. 3 1/2 hrs on the water 1 fish, first fish of the season, 2 1/2 lb female brown got her on powerbait, surpried the hell outa me it was a brown, felt like a log comming in, no fight at all, belly full of bugs..  need to hook into em 4 times the size. water is still high and choppy due to the wind, its like the great lakes out there.. im off to do some flyfishing in holden at a few streams/brooks let you know how it is.. till next time fish on and tight lines :-)

flapjack

• FISH, or go home!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 25, 2005, 06:17 PM »
water level at 110% as told from a friend who works in the pumping station across from the courthouse in Clinton. They are pumping in from the Quabin also as it is at the same level, although the Quabin is releasing a lot of water into the Ware river, they can't get it down enough so they are pumping into the Wachusett, and the water from the Wachusett is backing up because the only release is the spilway into the Nashua via Lancaster Mill Pond which has been producing some good surprise laker catches down there as told to me by a friend who has been hammering them in his backyard after work. Nothing of size, the usual rat fish. I can remember one fall they had to release a lot of water to work on the gates to the spillway, what a winter catching lakers through the ice. To bad they won't make the summer for another winter of great ice fishing, maybe we will have a wet fall and they'll have to open the gates again.

fishing idiot

« Reply #12 on: Apr 26, 2005, 05:46 PM »
I fished lake Cochituate yesterday from 5:45 till 7pm.  I was slamming them.
Caught ten raindows. I was using a yellow rooster tail. The biggest one was 14 - 15''.
I was fishing at the boat dock next to the canoe and kywak rental facility. I believe it
is the middle lake. It felt great to catch some fish again. Keep on fishing boys. Tight lines.

bigbrother

« Reply #13 on: Apr 27, 2005, 06:48 AM »
caught a few bass in the charles river, my bros and buddies have been doing well on bass at lake quinsig

flapjack

• FISH, or go home!!!!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2005, 07:52 PM »
wachusett water level is awful, they have opened the spillway a little more, the boys on the river(lancaster mill pond) are catching quite a few lake trout if anyones interested, easy access lots of shore to fish. taking any lure you can throw at them. nothing for size 2to 3 lbs, sure would make a kid or rookie happy though. BTW thats in Clinton. Go catch em' while its running to shallow to live the summer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.