FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Just wondering the general feelings of other fishermen and women.  (Read 3324 times)

filetandrelease

so true hookinup!!

Game Hog

On the flip side of that i doubt the guy is even eating them. I would lean more towards a bucket biologist and stocking a little spring creek near his home or a pond.

I was this guy for many years.  Until I got caught when I was 19.  Lucky for me the DEC officer was a local guy who knew the small creek that I was personally stocking.  He kindly put a stop to me doing this.  Ended up with 0 tickets but could have had many.  10 years later I am still finding large trout in that stream. 

I would let the officers do their part and determine was action is necessary...
Live to fish

1fish@atime

Thanks for the comments.
My wife also added a perspective I hadn't seen. Maybe the guys is laid off and feeding his family. Could be true, doesn't make it right but easier to forgive.

piker1

• here fishy,fishy
Had a guy at camp grounds in adarondacks would fish, fill up foam cooler leave come back 3 times do it agian, ya say something to him about taking that many fish  is illegal and just stocked , he would tell ya to pound salt where sun don't shine . He told that to the owner of camp grounds , well he left with cooler 20 minuntes came back taking more fish , well this time DEC officer sat in window of office taking pictures after 3rd trip Dec nail him , well he didn't tell him to pound salt he left with 10 tickects...... ;D
If your not fishing , your not living

Mainehazmt

Bust em!   Personally I believe ther should be at least 48 to 72 hrs that a fishery should be closed to fishing after stocking   pisses me off watching veh following stocking trucks   and just about casting into the dump stream    at the least give em 24 hrs to disperse into the fisheries!!!!
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

fishingaddict

• Fishing is not an addiction, Its the CURE!
I keep no trout unless someone tells me they would like a few...  So I am not taking sides but unless he is taking his limit, and exceeding it there is nothing wrong.  The state stocks streams for fishing, they want you to know where so you can bring a child or a friend somewhere and catch fish.  Anyone who buys a license is supporting this stocking and can keep his limit everyday, and it dont bother me at all as long as the fish r being eaten.  I am more interested in how big the natives get where I trout fish, nothing better than a bright home grown with all his fines, u know.  Great fishing for all!!!!!
Fish fear me!

AD

• Born to fish
I'd call and mention what I've seen.    Sounds like there is a place in front of your house that gets a lot of fishing pressure?    Might be a good spot for a Warden to go undercover or hide and watch with a pair of binoculars.   
     I don't really see anything wrong with people fishing for stocked trout, that is after all what they are stocked for.    Most stocked waters are a put and take fishery, meaning that the state Fisheries Biologists knows that 95% of those trout might be caught back out.     if the state wants to put some trout in that have a chance to survive, and "go wild" they'll fingerling stock a stream, river or lake.    That gives these trout to sort of "go wild" before they are legal to be fished for.   
     The days of liver pellet's are long over folks, yes they used to feed them, but that was a long time ago, now is all a special mix ingredients, and is mass produced by feed companies that supply trout feed to trout hatcheries all over the US.....   
      But back on topic hear, yeah I would call the Wardens.    If you have a camera with timestamp get pictures of that vehicle coming and leaving several times a day. 
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
Turn 'em and burn 'em!!! Cheeks out!!! 8)

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
 Go cast a line with him to see what the deal is. If you think he's shady, tell him to have a good day. Then make a call when you get home. He won't know it was you if your cool with him.  You could find everything is kosher. I ate a handful of stockies last year while trying to show a newbie the ropes. Fishing, cleaning, cooking. There feed must have changed from when I was a child. Or just my taste in fish. They weren't bad at all. I'll take a few this year for the grill. Newbie hasn't been around long enough to know my good native spots. And he's a big dude that likes to eat fish.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

esox v

PM sent one fish@atime. Forgot to save it to my outbox. Just making sure it went.
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Striker

As to your question I lean towards making the call. While it may well be put and take we all pay for it and your share is no more than the limit. what about the guy that wants to take his kid out on the weekend? wouldn't it be nice to have a few eager fish left for them? PS its a shame what has happened to the fishery up there, I first started to head up there maybe fifteen years back and it was very good we'd get into trout,smallies,and even a pike now and then. I think the rafting was mainly a spring thing now with the releases every day thru the summer it seems,  the fishing for me aleast has completely fallen off.

miket.

• hard core
you can:t just ignore this because these are the people who don:t follow the rules and totaly take advantage of our recreational waters. if nothing is done than it will be inviting to others! :police: :clapping:
hard core fanatic!

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Personally I'd talk to him, casually. I find that when someone really is breaking the law, oftentimes they're proud enough about it to let you know.

1fish@atime

PM sent one fish@atime. Forgot to save it to my outbox. Just making sure it went.
Got it, thanks.

1fish@atime

Thanks to all who commented, and to all for not turning it into a b***h session. They have quieted down on the river now, a few fly fishermen who rarely keep anything. Like someone said, just because my son and I can go over and catch fish at will, doesn't mean those guys can as well. Also for over ten years holdover fish seem to be few and far between, so whatever the reason for it the fish just don't stay here.
Maybe next year, I will check them out a little closer and then make a call, a little more ECO presence on the river is warranted. The days they train with the air boats fishermen are non-existent. The area officers are spread out pretty thin, so our job would be to be their eyes.
Again thanks to all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.