FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: trout limit  (Read 1419 times)

9 mile ogar

trout limit
« on: Apr 26, 2010, 07:00 PM »
how many trout are we aloud to keep

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
Re: trout limit
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2010, 07:11 PM »
It's always best to refer to the book when you have a question about the regs.
Each year my book sits on the back of the toilet for a month. After that it goes in tipup basket, then my backpack (troutin), then the tackle bag.
It's always best to be "in the know" before you head out.
A. You can enjoy your experience more without the thought in the back of your head that you may be doing something wrong.
B. You can avoid tickets. They ain't cheap.
Welcome to the site man. Good fishin' and tight lines to 'ya.
Don't be afraid to plaster fishing pics all over the place.

The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2010, 08:19 PM »
  statewide  it's  5    but  many areas  are  different  so you need to refer  to the  book  for instance  long island  it's 3 , if  you  don't  have a book  or have  problems  understanding it you can contact  your  area  dec officer  or  reginal office  for  help ,  there more then willing to help you
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Joe snag

• Hunt and Fsh
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2010, 05:52 AM »
I'll ask questiions on here too,because the print is to small to read in the book----

but here in Fulton County-5 trout pluss 5 brook trout under 8"----I think,I know i'll be corrected if I'm wrong here..

1fish@atime

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2010, 05:57 AM »
Some areas did away with the 5 under 8" Joe. Not sure if statewide or not. I know in this area they did. Limit is 5 here. Which in my opinion is enough for a day limit. May encourage a few people to be selective, and put back a medium size fish they normally would have kept.

filetandrelease

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2010, 06:11 AM »
and in some places it is only 2 over 12" with a limit of 5 fish

Joe snag

• Hunt and Fsh
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2010, 05:52 AM »
What I don't like about this limit is that I might go way back in a few mikes to a native stream and only keep 5 trout when I might only get 1 or 2 times a summer to fish--!!

1fish@atime

« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2010, 06:13 AM »
Your right Joe,  going from 10 to 5 is a step for people who do fish the back country waters. The reason I would suspect(not assuming)LOL, would be to protect some areas from people fishing them out. With the states current financial status being what it is, a lot of areas may get taken off the stocking list or at least reduced to the number of fish and times a year they are stocked. Also for those areas that still have a population of native fish, to protect them a little as well.  Bright side is/was, not sure they still allow, a two day limit for people camping. With the technology we have now for fishing, they feel we have more chance to catch more fish. Guess they don't fish the same waters I do..LOL

tonebea

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.