FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: dang baby crappie  (Read 2003 times)

fishnfilet

• IF IT SWIMS..I'VE CAUGHT IT
dang baby crappie
« on: Apr 28, 2005, 12:43 PM »
took some members of my club with thier kids to the crappie hole, every one of us caught at least 40 crappie 8" and under.... kids had a blast...every 10 or so I would get a keeper,went through 6 scoops of minnows!! had to put brain to work on how to get the bigger ones, what finally worked was a  orange gulp bait on a crappie spinnerbait, took some time changing colors and tactics, but I finally found a pattern.... reading about different ways to entice crappie then actually doing it was very rewarding!!!!!!.....now have to spend more $$$ for berkley orange gulp..it never ends!!! oh well , it's my passion.............dave
fish may come and fish may go....but the art of fishing is what I know.........dave

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
Re: dang baby crappie
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:21 PM »
Check out Crappie World neat mag I got, good tactics, losts of articfical baits
Internet heros give it a rest!

HOSS

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:49 PM »
sounds like a great time!  I'd like to find out more about your club, I'm only a couple of miles outside of Auburn towards Skaneateles.  Gotta love being right in the middle of probably some of the best fishing in the state.

ajwiez2

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2005, 10:23 PM »
sounds like a great time!  I'd like to find out more about your club, I'm only a couple of miles outside of Auburn towards Skaneateles.  Gotta love being right in the middle of probably some of the best fishing in the state.
lj is this you aj here  drop me a pm if it is you

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2005, 07:36 AM »
Those 8" crappies will be keepers next year. That's something to look forward to.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

GILLY2

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Hey you can't expect to set a record every time. Besides I have more fun watching my kids catch them when I take them. Anyway a little advice I was given and it seemed to help. Knowing that crappies are aggressive fish and when they bite 90% of the time its out of aggression, not hunger . So you might have better luck introducing something that they don't see every day. Live bait may work , but just like you wouldn't you get sick of the same thing day after day. Well good luck and I would like to hear how the next trip goes .

fishnfilet

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 01:21 PM »
fished with hoss,fishshack and slipbob, still getting small ones...couple keepers..waiting for that good ole warm spell to turn 'em on.....barge is gone lots of room now........dave
fish may come and fish may go....but the art of fishing is what I know.........dave

old man river

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 03:40 AM »
hello,
read this great story about crappie,
can you
 head me
 in the same direction?
Ralph :-\
ralph

fishnfilet

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 04:22 AM »
sure.sent you a pm .....dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.