FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New York  (Read 5408 times)

Big_Buck_Hunter

Re: New York
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2005, 12:03 PM »
...and what's wrong with lurking?  I often don't have a comment to make. Yes, I could write 500 responses of "way to go, nice fish" but why bother?  I come on here to read, to be entertained, and to post when necessary.  I mean look at the Photos thread - that's a TV show in itself, you can spend all day in there looking at the photos.  BigRedonIce should have his own show, he has so many photos and good advice.   So, that's why many "lurk" for enjoyment.
Bring on the bow season...

archbishop

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2005, 12:20 PM »
i think the "lurkers" everyone is refering to are the people that just sit around and read all the hotspots and go to them and dont have any constructive info to share just use this site to gain new fishing spots and when they do post its usually something like what you just posted and if you follow big reds posting adventures you would have read earlier in this thread he said how its almost disturbing how many lurkers are out there and it kind of is thats why theres another thread about how people have to blurr the backgrounds of there pics and the people who truly do "lurk" for enjoyment or for the fact they dont really know much about fishing always say "way to go" and "nice fish" because they are entertained and wish to keep seeing the pics

butterworm

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005, 12:42 PM »
im a lurker ,are you ;D

archbishop

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2005, 12:55 PM »
you lurk around my fishing hole to try and not get skunked and watch me pull in all the fish for your enjoyment ;D

Hood

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2005, 01:18 PM »
Like them or not, Lurkers are here to stay. I am not a huge fan of them myself and wish they would contribute more. What gets me more than lurkers are the guests, they can scroll through any posts they want and absorb all the info and go on their way. At least on the Shanty they have limited access. I feel login should be mandatory, if they really want to see what this great site has to offer they will sign up.  As for the photo section with people giving congrats on fish, Its not about building post numbers or because they dont have useful knowledgwe, its because we all support each other in our adventures and fish caught.  Some of the best fishermen on this site can be found giving simple congrats and WTG posts, its about camraderie, not building posts or leaving a message just to be heard.  You will turn around and see those same names giving valuable info and teaching those who are less knowledgeable how to get the job done. As for NY, we are just Badass.
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

archbishop

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2005, 01:24 PM »
amen hood ny is badass and as far as building posts ive been accused of it more than a time or two but ive yet to win a prize or get invited on a big fishing excursion im just out of work now and love bs'ing and learning along the way im stuck in the house with my kids on the weekdays so learning from all of you is my weekday fishing ;D post sleeper or not i enjoy all the info i have acumulated on here and IS from all my fellow new yorkers and whether im accused of building posts or not im going to continue to tell you all nice job on your pics and stories keep them up because lurker or contributer we all enjoy them

butterworm

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2005, 01:39 PM »
Like them or not, Lurkers are here to stay. I am not a huge fan of them myself and wish they would contribute more. What gets me more than lurkers are the guests, they can scroll through any posts they want and absorb all the info and go on their way. At least on the Shanty they have limited access. I feel login should be mandatory, if they really want to see what this great site has to offer they will sign up.  As for the photo section with people giving congrats on fish, Its not about building post numbers or because they dont have useful knowledgwe, its because we all support each other in our adventures and fish caught.  Some of the best fishermen on this site can be found giving simple congrats and WTG posts, its about camraderie, not building posts or leaving a message just to be heard.  You will turn around and see those same names giving valuable info and taching some who are less knowledgeable how to get the job done. As for NY, we are just Badass.
could not agree more hood.

archbishop

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2005, 01:43 PM »
if there are any lurkers out there we are going out for catfish next weekend on the 14th at the mouth of the cattaraugus creek you can come watch butterworm help ME haul my fish to shore ;)

seriously if any one in WNY wants to join up and meet a few new fishing buddies your more than welcome to join but we cant give up any secrets because not many of us going have ever catfished before but we are going to have fun

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2005, 04:52 PM »
Please make an honest attempt to stay on topic. There is alternative means for personal chit chat. Please use them. ;)  If you can not use these other methods your welcome to start a thread just for your own personal use as long as you keep it within the site policies.

Thanks

Bussman

archbishop

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2005, 05:04 PM »
well bussman lurkers and post building is what this thread was about because i started it to see why NY had so many more posts than other threads and we all know that if you start a thread to BS on it will be either deleted or locked i have 1 go both ways and i believe we are all within site policies on this thread sorry if i am out of line i guess i just dont understand your post

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2005, 06:50 PM »
Please understand moderating web sites is not an easy job. The moderators are all volenters and we do the best we can. Some of us have been doing this a while and others are new but we try our best to communicate with each and keep all members as happy as possible. As some of you already know there has been some complaints. Not many, but we still would like to address them.  I deleted a number of posts today that were steering even this brood topic out in left field.  Trying to confine your "BS" to one thread might solve this problem. As long as you keep things G rated and don't intentionally insult anyone you should be fine in here.  ;)

Archbishop and Friends

Thanks

Bussman

archbishop

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2005, 11:19 PM »
thank you bussman and i agree totally G rated and if i slip please notify me and i will modify if you and the other mods dont get to it fist and you are correct i dont envy the jobs of you and the other mods all the BS and complaints you must have to make decisions about and just to keep on MY topic that I started I LOVE NEW YORK ;D

fishryc

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2005, 02:28 PM »
Just another observation regarding the NY site (BTW, great, plus interesting topic Archbishop started here). I put up a new topic about Beaver Island perch today that had an inquiry at the end. Checked back relatively quick looking for some news and was surprised by the number of times it had been read already: 10 times in ½ hour during peoples work hours! We must have huge traffic all day. This also supports, as was discussed, that there is a lot of entertainment usage. At least I feel that this a safe assumption because if all these people were also posting, we’d need to spend 24 hrs. / day to keep up. Anyway, I love this site and express much gratitude to those whom operate it. (My boss sure hates it though!!! Anybody else get warned at work?)
fishryc   
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

madbomber

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2005, 09:44 PM »
all fishermen like to BS and I thought this is what the site is for. Info is great but I still like to hear the of topic chit-chat if people don't then don't read it??? by the way I don't have all that many posts , would I be considered a LURKER ,hope not
MADBOMBER

bigdave1018

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2005, 05:46 AM »
i live 1 mile from the golden cresent which was rated the 2nd best fishing area in the usa close behind michigan. every game and panfish that is caught in new york state are caught here and in numbers. the fishery is awesome year round for most of the salmonoid species, pike,bass and panfish. all the way from the fair haven area up to the henderson area. ive never fished lk george but ontario has to be close for the quality of fishing. as far as lurkers in here, i find nothing wrong. i always try and post to help other fishers in here but i dont post if i have nothing to say. alot of these posts in here are useless as far as info goes. a few fishers in here got poed at me for some different reasons but i try and speak the truth either way and some guys cant take it, the truth that is. alot of these replies between guys should be pmed and not posted because of the crap has no use to the thread and most people dont like or want to see it. theres my 2 cents take it or leave it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.