FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anybody heading to Conesus Saturday?  (Read 1939 times)

MXFishin

Anybody heading to Conesus Saturday?
« on: May 04, 2005, 11:45 AM »
I am counting the hours till pike and walleye open and am trying to decide were to go opening day Silver or Conesus. I see a few people from this board are headed to Silver, anyone heading to Conesus? Any tips on early season fish on Conesus. Last time I fished opening day the weather was decent (about the same as the are predicting for this weekend) and I got skunked! I got back to the launch and I think I was the only one that had bad luck. Anyway I know the lake much better now, anyone have any suggestions or want to meet up while we are out there and find out what each other are using and what kind of luck we are or aren't having.  Also wondering you guys that are going to Silver I see some of you are heading out at 12:00am. Anyone going to be there during the day (Sat. or Sun.) and/or evening, and night for the eyes?

59:45 minutes to go!!!!!!

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
Re: Anybody heading to Conesus Saturday?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 10:05 PM »
im definitely going to silver friday night... til some time in the AM. couple trips for silver, then most of the season will be spent between conesus and chatauqua mostly!... with some trips to silver and honeoye in between!

devil-man

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 11:13 PM »
I'll be on Silver Saturday. Sunday will be a split between turkey hunting and mom.
Conesus is on my list of spots to hit with the boat this year, for sure, but it won't be until later in the season.

I would recommend the area off and around Long Point using all the normal tactics.
Try casting to shore with stickbaits and a jig/bait presentation.
Good luck, MX!

MXFishin

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 11:55 AM »
I got the boat started and ready to go for Saturday morning, I am going to head to Conesus. I will let you know how I do. Devil-man, where is long point? I know the lake pretty well, I just don't know the names (or have made up names for areas myself!!). I need to get buy a map.  Let me know whicj point is long point. Thanks.

iceice

• FISH HARD
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 09:22 PM »
Long point is about in the middle of the lake on the west side .It is where the lake really gets narrow. GETERDONE!!!!!
2005 17FT LUND MR PIKE                                                                                       
 90hp MERCURY OPTIMAX
WALKER DOWNRIGGERS
JUST ADD WATER!!!

MXFishin

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 11:26 PM »
Thanks iceice, I think I know where your talking about and my friend that's going with me says he know's where long point is. I will fish the s#$t out of it. I can't belive there's no one else from this board going to Conesus. oh well good luck where ever you are heading.......................GIT-ER-DONE....................656

23 hours 24 minutes left

kappy

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 10:04 AM »
they'll be there.. just not tellin  I was there last year at opening, there was a good amount of boats   you have a big lake though..  had the best luck with a black/orange
smithwick  rattalin. fished the shore by the water tower. good luck  troll slow!!!!!!!

MXFishin

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 01:35 PM »
Knappy not tellin what? I also love to fish the rougues, usally have good luck with black and silver but lazer perch has produced some fish for me as well. I will be in in a small alum. bass tracker (red and black with tiller control motor) and "656" on the back of it. Keep your eyes open for me and stop over and say hello if you like. What will you be fishing from I will keep me eyes open for you.

I heard there is tourney there tomorrow anybody know anything about it, sign up and weigh in times?

kappy

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 08:12 PM »
MX ..... I meant  there will be other fisherman there    that are not sayin... 
I can't belive there's no one else from this board going to Conesus. when you said this.. LOL  I will not be there myself. and not until June   I am heading down south next week   I will be missing out on some good fishin the next few weeks.. I am hitting the links. I golf more in the summer than I fish.. gotta make some bucks somehow.. I did not here of any tourney there.   so good luck to you and everyone else.

MXFishin

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 10:14 PM »
Sorry for the misunderstnding Knappy, my bad. Good luck with the golf!  Time to sleep now 44 minutes to go!!!!

capt hookem

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 09:25 PM »
fished the opener last night from 12 am to 8 am trolling sticks from the launch up the east side in 4 to 10 ft of water Lots of eyes in there but no takers.. Managed 2 northerns ,both off black/silver raps #13.. ,and one 4# smallie off clown husky jerk at day break... Lost 4 other fish .Didnt have them on long enough to tell what they were.. water was from 48 to 50 degrees and slightly stained  Seen some real monsters spotlighting the shallows. but all were very lethargic and just laying on the bottom...should pick up in a few weeks when water warms to 55-60 good luck and remember to throw some back for the future

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.