FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga report ?  (Read 43973 times)

step2jimi

Re: Sacandaga report ?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 07:32 AM »
We went out of broadalbin yesterday morning and hammered the smallies. We fishing from there all the way up past the bridge and back. They seemed to be just about everywere we stopped but like sacandaga lake has shown us the quality was lacking. We didnt see one smallie ober 3lbs. Just your typical cookie cutters. My first and last trip there of these season. And before some of you attack me that they are in there and i just have to find them. I have fished this lake hundreds of times with the same results. IMO there are plenty of other lakes with good quality smallmouth and without the boat traffic. The launch wasnt too bad when we were going in and out but out on the lake was the typical 18 - 30 year old aholes who think that rules of boating dont apply to their faster boats.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 11:57 AM »
H2L We will have to set up a date in June during the week to Jig up Walter, I need the practice before I do my fly in at the end of the month.With your water temps they should be on their usual haunts

I am going to give it shot on Thursday to see what the walleyes are doing....h2l

bshirtd

• If he aint 2 liters throw em back
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 01:56 PM »
The launch wasnt too bad when we were going in and out but out on the lake was the typical 18 - 30 year old aholes who think that rules of boating dont apply to their faster boats.

This is why I fish less and less in the summer you don't have these problems in the fall early spring or winter (In general not on this particular lake.
black shirt defense .... swarm and punish

lowaccord66

« Reply #18 on: Jun 01, 2016, 05:32 AM »
The first and only time I fished it I ran into the problems described in the thread.  Too bad because it's a lake I'd like to figure out but can't stand the boat traffic on the lake or launch.  Do any of you fish it in snotty weather to try to avoid the crowds?  How's that work out?

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #19 on: Jun 01, 2016, 06:07 AM »
I have found that bad weather holds better fishing,with a lot less boat traffic, Also fishing on monday through friday has much less boat traffic. Common courtesy just does not exist on any lake.
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

bshirtd

• If he aint 2 liters throw em back
« Reply #20 on: Jun 01, 2016, 06:38 AM »
I have found that bad weather holds better fishing,with a lot less boat traffic, Also fishing on monday through friday has much less boat traffic. Common courtesy just does not exist on any lake.

This is very true fish don't mind the rain they are already wet  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
black shirt defense .... swarm and punish

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #21 on: Jun 01, 2016, 08:04 AM »
And before some of you attack me that they are in there and i just have to find them. I have fished this lake hundreds of times with the same results. IMO there are plenty of other lakes with good quality smallmouth and without the boat traffic.

Dude, big 100+ person tournaments on GSL, and there's never a 3lb average.   I don't think you will find anyone to argue the sacandagas smallies run small.  IMO its a place to go and catch a bunch.  Its not like 16" smallmouth don't fight ;D    Oh yeah, and the walleyes too.   Sounds like you guys had a great trip.   

nitro09

« Reply #22 on: Jun 01, 2016, 09:32 AM »
Totally agree about smallmouth running small. I've fished a lot of tournaments there and all were won with 11-12 pounds. Small but still fun to catch. As far as fishing in bad weather, I have better luck with walleyes in choppy clouldly weather over nice days when every yahoo is on the lake.

step2jimi

« Reply #23 on: Jun 01, 2016, 09:46 AM »
Once the chop came up on the lake the fishing picked up a little. Most of our fish were caught on jigs and jerkbaits in 5 to 10 foot of water. Any deeper or shallower and nothing was happeneing. We fished a mix of off shore and shore structures but it seemed they were not too tight to the shoreline. On a good note we seem to have found some good areas that are consistently holding fish. We had a good time i just feel like as i grow as a angler i want the bigger fish. Our next trip will be onieda lake george or champlain. Probably champlain as there are a couple team opens there that im thinking about fishing this year.

step2jimi

« Reply #24 on: Jun 01, 2016, 10:36 AM »
Oh yeah i forgot to mention in my previous report. The carp in that lake are outrageous. I have never experienced anything like it. There were spots were there had to be over 50 of them in about 4 foot of water just hanging out doing there "thing". Useless to me but cool to see. So i guess if your into carp shooting i dont know what the regs are but there are tons of them out there for the shooting.

rondog

« Reply #25 on: Jun 01, 2016, 12:38 PM »
I'll be there in the morning,gotta be more fun then it was this past weekend.There was a contest last summer A bunch of guys from Mass. were there,The winner was just a little over 7 lbs.The only thing that eats well in that lake are pike and Carp

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #26 on: Jun 01, 2016, 01:11 PM »
Plan on being out there myself in the morning. Sacandaga always had a ton of carp. We shot a lot of them years ago and never put a dent in them....h2l

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #27 on: Jun 02, 2016, 04:16 PM »
Well my first trip of the year is under my belt. It was good to be fishing again. Wasn't doing much catching. Bass and a couple perch. Stayed on this end of the lake just to make sure every thing was running ok. My kicker isn't pumping water so will have to take a look at that in the morning. Water temp is 69 degrees...h2l

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #28 on: Jun 03, 2016, 07:17 AM »
no walleyes on your spots?
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #29 on: Jun 03, 2016, 07:34 AM »
Didn't check any of them due to only the kicker motor issue. Didn't want to be that far down the lake with only one motor, hate having to be towed in...lol Had new cables put on the other motor this spring so stayed up on this end just to make sure all was OK. Friend of mine was out on Thursday and got a few but nothing over 16". He fishes down in the area that we fish in. His fish came from 24 to 30 fow and were hitting very light....h2l

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.