FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Close call this morning  (Read 3826 times)

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
Re: Close call this morning
« Reply #15 on: Jul 18, 2019, 09:29 PM »
Oh heck I've got you guys beat! As a taxidermist the wife was going to take a bath only to find a dead coyote thawing in the bathtub. And then there was that squirrel thawing in the refrigerator on top of the only Diet Coke she had been salivating about on the way home from work on a hot day. She should have been happy. I usually ended up drinking the last can before she got home!

The cardinal sin was doing nothing but fish the first three days of our honeymoon. The wife finally broke down and cried, and said, "Is this what we're going to do every day of our honeymoon?!"  Then and there I knew as being a selfish bastard, and replied with, "No babe I'll stop fishing and you can clean the fish."

Cecil....similar situation....took my wife on our honeymoon to a Quebec fishing lodge...but promised one day fish...next day sightseeing...she was ok with that she even fished with me one day THEN....hasn't fished with me again....that was 47yrs ago!
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Jul 19, 2019, 07:24 AM »
Cecil....similar situation....took my wife on our honeymoon to a Quebec fishing lodge...but promised one day fish...next day sightseeing...she was ok with that she even fished with me one day THEN....hasn't fished with me again....that was 47yrs ago!

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

I posted this before but my chief master sgt. in the ANG was late to his wedding because he was digging up worms for fishing on their honeymoon!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #17 on: Jul 19, 2019, 08:27 AM »

I post this before but my chief master sgt. in the ANG was late to his wedding because he was digging up worms for fishing on their honeymoon!

:thumbup_smilie: :flag:
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Jul 20, 2019, 11:24 AM »
:thumbup_smilie: :flag:

And he was still married to her years later!
No doubt he had to do some remedial training. I know I did.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

mcully

« Reply #19 on: Jul 22, 2019, 05:56 AM »
Good one was when NYS asked you to send in a foot from your turkey kills. I had one in the rafter in the basement near where the washer and dryer are. Well the foot decided to drop on the wife's head who has a very full head of hair and the more she tried to kill whatever it was the better it got tangled. In her mind it was a tarantula. I almost died twice that day of laughter and at her hand.

stripernut

« Reply #20 on: Jul 23, 2019, 03:00 PM »
I don't EVER bring it up, but there was the time the live eels got out in the frig after a late night of striper fishing... That did not go over well... Especially the one that I missed under the vegetable bin and found weeks later, dormant and covered in thick slime. The good news is that when thrown on a hook, it came back to life and caught me a striper!

Just had our 35th, I am a lucky guy she puts up with it all.

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Jul 23, 2019, 09:57 PM »
Good one was when NYS asked you to send in a foot from your turkey kills. I had one in the rafter in the basement near where the washer and dryer are. Well the foot decided to drop on the wife's head who has a very full head of hair and the more she tried to kill whatever it was the better it got tangled. In her mind it was a tarantula. I almost died twice that day of laughter and at her hand.

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Jul 23, 2019, 09:58 PM »
I don't EVER bring it up, but there was the time the live eels got out in the frig after a late night of striper fishing... That did not go over well... Especially the one that I missed under the vegetable bin and found weeks later, dormant and covered in thick slime. The good news is that when thrown on a hook, it came back to life and caught me a striper!

Just had our 35th, I am a lucky guy she puts up with it all.

:thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.