FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Screwed UP Today  (Read 2590 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Screwed UP Today
« on: Jul 30, 2020, 05:08 PM »
Did a whole bunch of yard work today. Mowing, hand mowing, trimming, gardening. I was dripping with sweat when I came in. Trouble was, I didn’t take in enough water while I was out there. I got very dehydrated.

I was dizzy, disoriented, nauseous and had chills. Took me 3 hours of pretty steady intake to turn the corner.

I know better......I really screwed up.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

Re: Screwed UP Today
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2020, 05:15 PM »
Don't do that again. Less continuous yardwork and more fishing plus H2O. I split my mowing up, front day 1, back day 2.     

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2020, 04:32 AM »
Two years ago this week, I wound up in the ER for 17 hours for heat prostration.  Worked hard digging a drain under my foundation then rode a salmon charter with a friend and his wife the next morning in 90+.  Don't remember much of the charter nor the ride home.  Wife took one look at me and off to the hospital we went.  Four bags of IV fluids and atavan.  Zero fun was had.  Can't do the heat anymore.  Glad you saw the signs and did what was was needed.  Bad stuff, symptoms sneak up on you before you know it. 
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2020, 05:16 AM »
Yeah, i was pretty stupid for a guy who’s worked out in the hot weather most of his life. Slept from 7;30 last night till 5;00 this morning. Took a shortened walk and donated half a pint of blood to the mosquito population.

Anyway. I feel much better this morning. Light day for me today.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

PikeKing23

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2020, 06:31 AM »
Glad you're ok and a good reminder for us.  I tend to push it to hard sometimes, as well.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2020, 06:43 AM »
Glad you feel better Bob.
 I have been there and its not fun....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2020, 06:47 AM »
  , heat exhaustion is no joke  , glad you didn’t push on any longer , glad your feeling better , take it easy for a couple days
 http:// Living with heat exhaustion and heatstroke

After you've had heat exhaustion or heatstroke, you will be sensitive to heat. This can last for about a week. It's important to rest and let your body recover. Avoid hot weather and exercise.Mar 27, 2019

Spider1

« Reply #7 on: Jul 31, 2020, 06:52 AM »
yeah, don't ya just love bending over to pick up a tool and spend the next minute trying not to pass out.  :wacko:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2020, 10:20 AM »
Thanks everyone1

Watered the gardens early. Spent the morning at the fly bench.....I can handle that. I’m actually sore in the back, arms and legs.

Gonna make some fresh pasta for dinner and maybe sit by the campfire later this evening.

I’m in rest mode for now.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2020, 12:46 PM »
I drink a lot of of this if i get muscle cramps or pain.. Got to have the quinine in it..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2020, 01:00 PM »
Have to check that out. Thanks Dom!
Rg

icefisher47

« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2020, 01:19 PM »
That’s good your feeling better, Heat stroke and heat exhaustion are nothing to take lightly. When I was working on the Ambulance use to do a lot of those calls in the summer.
Take a kid fishing

oatkasut

« Reply #12 on: Jul 31, 2020, 07:05 PM »
Glad your ok Bob. fished 4 hours and rested. I always drink 80 oz. of water a day and more if I'm working but I do pace myself since I'm getting up there. Took me  weeks to spread 5 cubic yards of mulch.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #13 on: Jul 31, 2020, 09:46 PM »
That is advanced heat exhaustion , could have easily turned into a heat stroke. Both are no joke situations. I'
m glad you're feeling better. Best to take it easy for a few days and rehydrate your body.  Stay safe please.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: Aug 01, 2020, 06:40 AM »
Feel way better this morning,
Kicked back by the campfire last night.

Had my annual S’more .

Dang those things are sweet.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.