FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Night crawler capture  (Read 19879 times)

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
Re: Night crawler capture
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2005, 03:52 PM »
Oooooh Yeah! :P
I'll have to hit the school playground..that's a good idea.  Golf courses are good too! ;)

golf corusers sound like a really good idea but the only ones around here cost like $500 a year for a membership so they probably have snipers up in the trees ;D ;D
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 05:55 AM »
500 bucks a year wont buy you a membership at mini golf around here its more like 3 -4 thousand  ??? 
Scotty 

Pikeguy

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2005, 03:36 PM »
500 bucks a year wont buy you a membership at mini golf around here its more like 3 -4 thousand  ??? 

Really? My course is a beautiful 18 holes with a new clubhouse, and my shareholder membership($100 discount) was only $550 this year. 3-4 Grand would be out of this world here! I'm lucky

wormwigglr

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 03:51 PM »
lets get some plans on the worm shocker. ???

shrub

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 04:07 PM »

sorry bill, ment to say 5000
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

fly-in

« Reply #20 on: Jun 11, 2005, 12:22 PM »
Yesterday I built a "worm shocker", all it is is a plug with two wires leading to a couple of rods that you push into the ground, I had to buy the plug it was $1.45, I had the wire and for rods I took two welding rod and knocked off the flux (6013), and two twist on connecters. It works good, but I must not have any crawlers in my lawn 'cus I just got little worms, How far down do you guys stick your rods in, my sticks are only 14".

Scrub, don't try hooking up your charger to one piece of steel and turning it on, there might be smoke and lightning, Even if you use two rods I don't think it will work, it will have low power the volts will be way down and I don't know how a charger works, but I don't think it will give you the amps to make up for it. Just go spend a couple bucks and get the stuff.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #21 on: Jun 11, 2005, 06:25 PM »
I think ours is aluminum......not sure though. 14" should be lots but if you don't have the worms you're not going to get much! We've got big dew worms all over the place. Easy pickings when the ground is wet!

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

shrub

« Reply #22 on: Jun 16, 2005, 09:08 PM »
Yesterday I built a "worm shocker", all it is is a plug with two wires leading to a couple of rods that you push into the ground, I had to buy the plug it was $1.45, I had the wire and for rods I took two welding rod and knocked off the flux (6013), and two twist on connecters. It works good, but I must not have any crawlers in my lawn 'cus I just got little worms, How far down do you guys stick your rods in, my sticks are only 14".

Scrub, don't try hooking up your charger to one piece of steel and turning it on, there might be smoke and lightning, Even if you use two rods I don't think it will work, it will have low power the volts will be way down and I don't know how a charger works, but I don't think it will give you the amps to make up for it. Just go spend a couple bucks and get the stuff.

my dad wont let me try it any way, he sadi that when he was a kid he had a freind that did this and the kidd steped on the grass before he unplugged it, my dad said it was the only time he ever saw the kid dance, ive tryed all the other methods and havent goten a thing, i think its becase my house is built on a ledge

devil-man

« Reply #23 on: Jun 16, 2005, 09:25 PM »
Jebus, guys!  :D
Going to the bait shop and spending $1.50 is better than dancing the electrocution jig.

PGKris

« Reply #24 on: Jun 16, 2005, 10:20 PM »
Wear rubber-soled shoes and you'll be fine. Bait here costs $3.50 for a dozen worms so it's nice to be able to pull your own worms out of the ground.
KRIS

Sailing team

shrub

« Reply #25 on: Jun 18, 2005, 09:58 PM »
Jebus, guys!  :D
Going to the bait shop and spending $1.50 is better than dancing the electrocution jig.

2.20 for a box of 15 "dilles" i usally use two boxes a trip and i usally have 3 trips a week plus weekends, it adds up.

PGKris

« Reply #26 on: Jun 24, 2005, 02:01 AM »
Exactly

Sailing team

bigdave1018

« Reply #27 on: Jun 24, 2005, 08:00 AM »
in my younger days, i would go to a winery and ask to buy an old wood barrel. a few times , the winery just gave me one. cut it in half and put in old leaves and or newspapers or worm bedding. store barrel in a cool place with very little direct sunlight. go out in the spring and pick up 500 or so crawlers making sure that they are whole and not half ones. by fall, you will have alot more worms big and little because the worms will reproduce. feed the worms every week. coffee grounds work and cornmeal or just keep changing the leaves in there. the savings makes it all worth the work. an old fridge will work to. you may need to put a screen over the top to keep the worms in. hope this helps big dave out.

Reelmaster

« Reply #28 on: Jun 24, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Sounds like a d**n good idea Bigdave. I got some old Whiskey Barrels kicking around I might just have to try that out. Thanks for a good idea ;D :D ;) 8)
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

catfisherman1

« Reply #29 on: Jun 29, 2005, 08:03 AM »
I've seen and used the electric shock tricks and do work.My grandfather made one from a steel rod with light bulb attached in some fashion,for using at night.I never figured it out and use 2 rods,been zapped few times especially if grounds real wet picking them up.I usually wait till few are on ground and unplug the rods to pick them up then plug back in.Dont like being zapped.Also good idea to keep kids and pets away while doing this as it is dangerous.I dont do it often but our bait shops are a drive away and get urge for worm fishing use mine to get a few

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.