My Fish Finder Main > General Fishing Discussion

Terrova ipilot remote distance

(1/4) > >>

fishinjohn:
So as the weather stays warm and the option of hitting the lakes keeps poking me in the face... I plan on hitting the water somewhere this weekend...
I might not have a copilot that can back up a trailer and with no docks being out might make things challenging..with that being said I wonder how far the ipilot remote will transmit Signal to the motor.. could I deploy the motor and move boat towards shore to pick me up after I put truck in lot... and vice versa when I'm done fishing

gotagetm:
Lol no john...at least for me ...one of the funniest things I saw at the harbor in Buffalo...a guy backed his bass boat in and was taking forever ..he was blocking ramp..a guy asked if he wanted him to hold the boat ...the guy sarcastically told him didn't need help...well he forgot to turn trolling motor on and you can't do it from remote..backed trailer in got out of truck with remote and .....off boat floated ...ide never trust it to run without me in boat ...I just tie a longer rope to boat and to trailer back it in let it float off and untie from trailer and tie off somewhere till I park truck ..just what I do

fishinator:
I have launched my boat and used the spot lock to keep it in place. I wasn't sure on remote range so I left my remote on the side of the ramp.

fishinjohn:

--- Quote from: fishinator on Feb 28, 2024, 07:34 AM ---I have launched my boat and used the spot lock to keep it in place. I wasn't sure on remote range so I left my remote on the side of the ramp.

--- End quote ---
Yea that's what I was thinking... I'd have to climb in the boat,  turn it on and deploy it.. then get away from ramp and spot lock.. then bring it back to me...
Ben I would do that but I don't want the boat getting  shore rash

gotagetm:
Ah ok

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version