FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: smaller river walleyes  (Read 3021 times)

winnisquam

smaller river walleyes
« on: Mar 01, 2008, 05:25 PM »
 i live in new hampshire and the closest and best place for a chance at numbers and size of walleye is the conneticut river seperating nh and vermont. most of the shows and articles you see about river walleye are on the big mid west rivers. the conn is not a very deep river, probably average holes are in the 15 to 20 ft range and is about a quarter mile wide, varying.
 any suggestions on want you guys might think is a good plan of attack, ie, rigs, jigs, cranks, etc.. and areas that you would start the hunt in the spring, pools near feeders upper end near dam face?
 thanks for any and all help.
                           pete
TIGHT LINES AND SMOOTH DRAGS

blue_lund

Re: smaller river walleyes
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2008, 06:41 AM »
I use to fish a river even smaller than that in northern NY all the time for walleye.  Your best bet is jigging the deep pools below fast water.  I use to do pretty good dragging a shiner along the bottom on a jig head just big enough to keep it from bouncing down with the current.  You could also try crank baits too in these areas.

reelNeYesin

• fishing NYS...........PRICELESS
Re: smaller river walleyes
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 04:54 PM »
just before dark with a black jig or black and yellow tipped with half of worm slowly jiggin it in the deeper holes
i fish the Oneida river consistantly and do good in the spring but the fall is when its hot
theres mosquito's on the river.  .   . fish are rising up like birds

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.