FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 628293 times)

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #1875 on: Aug 19, 2014, 10:59 AM »
OOOOPS!!! Musta hit a nerve....LOL :D

trapper,

I didn't mean to offend you, sorry you took it as such. I haven't tied much in awhile now. Partly because I need materials for some of the stuff I wanna tie and can't find anything locally. This area (Twin Tiers) sucks for sources of anything concerning fly fishing. Yea, I know, there's stuff on Ebay and other online sources but I need to take inventory first before dumping out $$$ for something I don't need. Between working a new job and trying to keep up with all the other stuff that comes along with summer, I just haven't taken time to sit down at the vice. I do enjoy checking out your hand ties (and Rg's), I get a lot of ideas from you old f--ts.

And no I haven't taken a ball away from a kid in awhile either, but I may steal a fly from him...especially if it's better than mine! ;D

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

MBrown4

« Reply #1876 on: Aug 19, 2014, 11:04 AM »
ok  i'm   playing  with   the  craft  fur  myself   doing  some  crawfish  patterns  for  late  season  bass  and   browns   ;D  i  looked  in  the  buckets  where  i  keep   all  the  fly  boxes  i'm  not  using  and  i  think i'm  set  for  salmon  and  steelhead  for  ohhhhh  next  75  years   ;D

I can make some room for you for some new steelies flies if it's really bothering you ;D

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #1877 on: Aug 19, 2014, 11:43 AM »
brown4
pm me i will send you GOOD flys,for steelies for salmon r.
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1878 on: Aug 19, 2014, 12:51 PM »
rat  got  me  think  about   something  i  havn't  seen  in  years  ...spinner   flies   was  a  fly  (streamer style)  with  a  spinner  blade  in  front  of  it  i  remeber  using  them  as  a  kid  in  sage  and  little  salmon  river  on  smallmouth and  rockies ....  got  to look  them  up   ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #1879 on: Aug 19, 2014, 02:51 PM »
trapper,
we are OLD SCHOOL  i think-- was that your drift boat ,i saw with TRAPPER  on the side????
RAT

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #1880 on: Aug 19, 2014, 02:59 PM »
TRAPPER,
HOW MUCH time do we have????
the LOST of the know what a waste,
RAT

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1881 on: Aug 19, 2014, 03:42 PM »
Y'all are getting pretty deep here :-\

Let's see some flies!

Spinner flies eh? Remember these?

They're killers!
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #1882 on: Aug 19, 2014, 06:45 PM »
 nope  ya  didn't  hit  a  nerve  at  all  .....and  i  wasn't  offended  ..... i  just  find  it  strange  that  you make  so much  out  of  a  caterpiller  flie  and  have  a  hard  time   accepting  they  work  that  you have  to  attack   and   offending  me  was  exactly  your  intention  thats  why  the  old  jokes  the  depends  and  so  on  ......  for  all  you  know  maybe   i  do need  to  wear  depends ,maybe  i  have  medical  issues   .....  and   you  really  don't  know  how  old  i  am maybe   your   upsetting  a  95 year  old  man  ....  maybe  my  point  is  you  should  think  before  you  do hurt  someone  ....this  is a  fishing  site   not  a place  to  stick  your  chest  out  ....there  are  all  kinds  of  people here     different  ages  race sex  and  econmic  back grounds   we  all  share a  love  to  fish  .....  i   do  share   what  works   for  me   and   any  advice  i  give  is   simple  advice   not  "infinate  wisdom"  i  also   look  forward  to  other  folks  inspiring  me  as  rat  did  today  ...... as  KP  jr  has  as  RG  and   mickey finn  have  ....  now  i  guess  i  just  don't  understand   what  your  point  is  or  was .....then  again  at  my  age  i  guess  i  just  can't  understand  the  immature  mind  

Well.... I tried to apologize... don't know how much more I can say that would make you feel any different? Maybe I should just bow out and be a "lurker" on this thread because it's becoming obvious that I'll never be accepted into the click. :'(

AND... I never intended to (and didn't) make a big deal out of the tent caterpillar fly that you tied. From what I saw of the pics. you posted, the imitation you tied looked spot on.

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1883 on: Aug 19, 2014, 08:33 PM »
Those are cool RG.  Do they "Whirrrrrr" on the cast?  8)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1884 on: Aug 20, 2014, 06:31 AM »
They cast pretty well. Can't say I hear any whirring but my hearing ain't that great anyway. I have tinnitus  so I have a constant whirring in my ears. Any least that's what I tell my bride :P

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #1885 on: Aug 20, 2014, 03:13 PM »
The only flies I've been seeing are the ones that buzz around my head on jobsites...Jeesshh...darn flies!! ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Bartman44

« Reply #1886 on: Aug 20, 2014, 04:57 PM »
Y'all are getting pretty deep here :-\

Let's see some flies!

Spinner flies eh? Remember these?

They're killers!
Rg

I do have some of yours (thanks)  but I'm thinking bigger so I was thinking of taking the props off some old Heddon Torpedos I have lying around and creating a bigger version of your fly.  Probably use a real heavy tippet to prevent line twist.  

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1887 on: Aug 20, 2014, 06:05 PM »
I think you can get the larger props from Barlows.

I've been winding some carp weight furled leaders. They toss big flies pretty well too.  Turns over a big dragon fly or STP frog on 0X tippet like a dream.

Ready for a break KP?

Rg

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1888 on: Aug 21, 2014, 06:29 AM »
years  ago , was a  fly  tied  with  a  flicker spinner  ahead of  it , was a  smallie killer ....
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1889 on: Aug 21, 2014, 09:40 AM »
I still see them on the shelves at Wally World .

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.