FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 175 pro xs 4 stroke  (Read 2034 times)

fish/hunt4ever

175 pro xs 4 stroke
« on: Nov 25, 2023, 06:27 PM »
Questions first year owning this motor and do not want to take the 4 hour or more trip back to the dealer but I have winterized my other motors just cannot figure out this motor for winterizing the lower unit. I do not see a drain or level plug anywhere.

KingPerch

Re: 175 pro xs 4 stroke
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2023, 06:32 PM »
Questions first year owning this motor and do not want to take the 4 hour or more trip back to the dealer but I have winterized my other motors just cannot figure out this motor for winterizing the lower unit. I do not see a drain or level plug anywhere.

Our 250 pro sx has the vent and drain plug in the bearing hub area behind the prop. PM sent.
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

filetandrelease

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2023, 11:30 AM »
Thanks for the help, the one video I had found earlier showed the vent on the side still. I took the prop off and took the bottom bolt out amd no oil came out so I just put it back in. Will go and take both out like the one video showed. Thanks again for all the help, always enjoy the help I get from the people here.

KingPerch

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2023, 10:58 AM »
Thanks for the help, the one video I had found earlier showed the vent on the side still. I took the prop off and took the bottom bolt out amd no oil came out so I just put it back in. Will go and take both out like the one video showed. Thanks again for all the help, always enjoy the help I get from the people here.
Top bolt is the vent hole for the oil to flow.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2023, 08:18 PM »
Pulled both bolts and no oil came out for a bit but slowly started to come out. Thanks again for all the great help.

KingPerch

« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2023, 06:07 PM »
Pulled both bolts and no oil came out for a bit but slowly started to come out. Thanks again for all the great help.
You're welcome. Drop the lower unit to its lowest position.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #7 on: Feb 29, 2024, 08:06 PM »
So just another question as finding props usually are not that hard for me but this one has a 16x14p and it stands up right away and puts everything right there. Have been talking with a couple others around with the boat and they went to a 19 pitch and they got better top end speed out of it, but also changed the computer to up horse powered, but said a 17 pitch is what they should have gone to but I cannot find what 17 pitch prop can go on this motor. Really do not want to spend 300 bucks or more on stainless and hate to spend money and the prop not fit.  Thanks in advance for my questions. Have a good spring everyone.

KingPerch

« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2024, 05:43 PM »
You’re only gaining, maybe, a few miles per hour with the prop change. The fish don’t care how fast you get there.😁 Leave it alone and go fishing!!😎👍🏻

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2024, 09:05 PM »
I know I might only gain a few mph but I think if I could get to 38 or 40 might be better and not throw everyone out of the back as I punch it to head to the next spot. Lots of out of the hole thrust moves everything to the back if I am not careful how I push the throttle down. Thought this might help when pulling the kids on the tune as well can maybe control it a bit better but just looking around. Thanks for the reply.

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2024, 08:23 AM »
I know I might only gain a few mph but I think if I could get to 38 or 40 might be better and not throw everyone out of the back as I punch it to head to the next spot. Lots of out of the hole thrust moves everything to the back if I am not careful how I push the throttle down. Thought this might help when pulling the kids on the tune as well can maybe control it a bit better but just looking around. Thanks for the reply.

I agree with Larry.  Unless you go to a shop and really "prop" the boat trying a few different variations its splitting hair for little gains.

If you want to adjust the hole shot ect then get a prop that has exhaust vent tuning.  I run a 19p raker HO with tunable exhaust vents.  I will warn that tuning is a pain if you run different loads on the boat.

I have my vents half open, great hole shot alone but when I have people with me the prop tends to lose grip.  You can hear the pitch change and mph drops 5-8 mph.  The vents need to be closed more with a heavier load on my boat.

This stuff gets so nuanced that the only way to go faster is a day or two of tuning after adding a very expensive jack plate.  Not worth it imo.

fishinjohn

« Reply #11 on: Mar 07, 2024, 10:10 AM »
I agree with Larry.  Unless you go to a shop and really "prop" the boat trying a few different variations its splitting hair for little gains.

If you want to adjust the hole shot ect then get a prop that has exhaust vent tuning.  I run a 19p raker HO with tunable exhaust vents.  I will warn that tuning is a pain if you run different loads on the boat.

I have my vents half open, great hole shot alone but when I have people with me the prop tends to lose grip.  You can hear the pitch change and mph drops 5-8 mph.  The vents need to be closed more with a heavier load on my boat.

This stuff gets so nuanced that the only way to go faster is a day or two of tuning after adding a very expensive jack plate.  Not worth it imo.
I agree iowwacoord!!!  Sometimes going a LITTLE faster has no reward except draining the bank account!!!
When I bought my boat in 21, the difference between a 140 and a 150 was 2 mph AT BEST for an extra $5k

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2024, 12:22 PM »
Found a prop that should work through Amazon and this I will just try and see if it improves anything, other than that this will just make sure I have a spare prop for the boat, another reason to the wife why I needed to play with pitch and all is I can have a spare. Thanks for all the input always help me understand issues on my boat better.

lowaccord66

« Reply #13 on: Mar 08, 2024, 07:31 AM »
Having a spare is worth it alone. 

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #14 on: Mar 30, 2024, 10:21 AM »
Been running the prop at 17 pitch and way better out off the hole, does not just want to throw everything to the back of the boat and I got another 5 mph out of the boat. Thanks again for all the help and information as always.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.