FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 11 lb. 33 inch brown Oliver Lake last fall?  (Read 1806 times)

taxid

11 lb. 33 inch brown Oliver Lake last fall?
« on: Apr 06, 2021, 06:58 AM »
Allegedly someone told a friend of a friend at the Oliver lake boat ramp the other day they caught an 11 lb. 33 inch brown at Oliver last fall. Said they were having it mounted. Was wondering if anyone here can verify that?

As a taxidermist in the area I'm not aware of it, but will call a few I have a good relationship with to see if they they took it in. There aren't many of us in the area.

It's certainly possible as brown trout have a history of getting large in that lake from time to time although not a frequently as when the lake had smelt.  That said a 33 inch 11 pound trout is mighty skinny.

This could be like the 18 inch perch someone catches from time to time on Wawasee that no one actually knows who actually caught it or has a picture.  ;D. Or the 10 pound bass allegedly caught on Webster that hasn't seemed to have shown up at any taxidermists I know of.

Here's one that was gill netted by the INDNR a few years ago in adjacent Olin Lake.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishinator

Re: 11 lb. 33 inch brown Oliver Lake last fall?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2021, 08:05 AM »
It was me. I caught it. It was actually only 21" and 14 lbs. Looked like a tree stump.

indianahooker

« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2021, 09:12 AM »
most liklly another fish story.  there are lots of reports without proof anymore.  nothing without pics should be even considered truth these days.  just bs

fishinator

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2021, 10:05 AM »
most liklly another fish story.  there are lots of reports without proof anymore.  nothing without pics should be even considered truth these days.  just bs
It's funny how people take pictures of anything and everything....except their trophy fish. 

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2021, 10:07 AM »
It was me. I caught it. It was actually only 21" and 14 lbs. Looked like a tree stump.

Yeah that would be quite a stump. This brown was 26 inches and 12 pounds.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2021, 10:08 AM »
Dont forget all the monsters takin from Pacachkee (SP). lol

Shhhhhhhhh! Now you gave the secret away!  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2021, 06:46 PM »
that would be small for papakeechie.  i think those browns are hatched at 6#.

you know what they say on the internet.  "no pic didnt happen".  at least they used to. lol

"i think those browns are hatched at 6 #."

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2021, 07:27 PM »
what? they are i swear. lol  i have video of the beach ball sized eggs laying on bottom there.  i dove it with my seal gear.  really

:rotflol:

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2021, 12:44 PM »
i take it you never found anyone that "took it in", taxi?

I talked to three taxidermists in the area. None of them took in a big brown from Oliver in the last year. Not saying it's a fish story, but it sounds like one. In the taxidermy business I've run into some real whoppers. Don't even get me started on the people that bring me 4 pound bass and say they are 8 pounds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.