FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: steel head luck ?????  (Read 2881 times)

depthchargedriller

steel head luck ?????
« on: Mar 23, 2004, 09:47 PM »
hey im goin out to western new york to do a little fishin for steelies. the main creeks that were goin to are probly the oakorachrd at the dam at lake allace (sp*) or johnson creek. anyone doin any good on streamers, or wax worms...i know that wax worms are normaly the big hit for em. i figure with the snow that just came down a little while ago they are probley going to be in the water for a littel longer. if anyone has a few tips on how they are getin em hit me up.

depthcharge

officer31

Re: steel head luck ?????
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2004, 08:13 AM »
hey im goin out to western new york to do a little fishin for steelies. the main creeks that were goin to are probly the oakorachrd at the dam at lake allace (sp*) or johnson creek. anyone doin any good on streamers, or wax worms...i know that wax worms are normaly the big hit for em. i figure with the snow that just came down a little while ago they are probley going to be in the water for a littel longer. if anyone has a few tips on how they are getin em hit me up.

depthcharge
  Dime size egg sacs or black wollies tipped with spikes/maggots, try Burt Dam in Niagara county also. Good luck.

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2004, 08:29 AM »
officer31 ,

Dave is that you?

Welcome aboard!

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

depthchargedriller

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2004, 09:14 PM »
hey i got a quetion...??are twister tails on a slip bobber leagal for catchin steelies. i thought that you couldnt have a wieghted hook. i thought that the weight had to be above it. this one guy that fishes where we normaly go is doing that on his GIANT 13 ft fly rod. so if anyone knows it owuld be great to know.

depthcharge

mrnavyx30

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2004, 12:57 AM »
I'm out in Gowanda area and  haven't been shut out yet and I've been fishing the creeks and steams 2-4 days out of the week ever since the ice disappeared.  I trek from the Catt Creek in Gowanda up to the Springville Dam.  You just need to watch the weather REAL close.  Skein and egg sacs (all colors) have been working great.  Haven't landed any record breakers (YET), generally about 6-9 lb range and 90% Males so far.  Most hits have been quite light and lathargic.  GL to all you Steelheaders out there!!! 

Polar

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2004, 02:00 PM »
As of today the Catt is running high and muddy.last week had a bunch of hook ups, mainly males. all came on egg sacs.

kodiak73

« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2004, 09:00 PM »
did great in wilson landed 6 my buddie 4 that was a good day went a few days before and landed 2 no whoppers yet a couple of femals the rest males

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.