FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp, anyone?  (Read 4190 times)

Taxidermist

Carp, anyone?
« on: Mar 25, 2004, 11:19 PM »
After not catching much of anything today, decided to drive around the Montezuma NWR and look at the ducks. Then I pulled over and discovered where all the fish went to!

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
Re: Carp, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2004, 11:55 PM »
And no fishing pole?  ???

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Taxidermist

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2004, 12:07 AM »
Had the fishing pole right there in the back of the truck, but was deterred by the "no fishing" sign.  :)

Randy

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2004, 04:52 AM »
Great Pics!
I've seen carp school before, but that's amazing. Is there no fishing anywhere in the Montezuma?

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gone

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2004, 05:38 AM »
rg go back there next week thats nothing  :) :) gone

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2004, 06:21 AM »
I'll have to cruise through there on my way to my brother's in Union Springs on Monday...
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fingerlakesfisher

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2004, 06:32 AM »
You have not seen anything yet!!!  wait a few weeks they will be beached, stacked up spashing, and piled up all the way out into the middle of the river.   Fun to take the kids to see.

tucker

• central NY, heart of tax and spend
« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2004, 06:58 AM »
you saw no fishing signs, but did you see any "no dynamite" signs?

susquayuga fisher

« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2004, 11:29 AM »
I keep telling myself that I'll launch under the Rt 20 bridge, and access them from the canal, but trout won't let me!! Thats about 5 minutes from my cottage. I have several pix of the kids reaching right down into the water petting them! There's a screen there to prevent the carp from entering th nutrient-rich swamps of Montezuma, thank God, or those BAST***S would ruin the entire wetlands!! I'm afraid if I shoot them with my bow, I'll stick 2 or 3 of them. Can you imagine the fight? I'd need anchor cable to land them!! ;D

Taxidermist

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2004, 05:06 PM »
Rg,

There's one spot where fishing is allowed, but it was iced over. It's just one little spot, and not near all those carp. Like a few of the other guys said, that is nothing. Within a few weeks there will be THOUSANDS of those sucker mouthed oversized goldfish.

I'll bring the dynamite next time, just in case no one is looking  ;)

Randy

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2004, 09:58 PM »
Dude You should post those pics on the CARP site here also they deserve to be seen.
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

roverowner

• The sweet smell of success!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2004, 07:52 AM »
I've seens runs like that in the upper parts of the Chenango River.  Hard to believe.  The carp-crazed english would love fishing in NYS.  I've heard that in England people will pay thousands of dollars for access to a flooded quarry with a couple carp in it.  Hmmm, RoverOwner's Travel Agency and Carp Guide Service.....

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2004, 03:55 PM »
Had the fishing pole right there in the back of the truck, but was deterred by the "no fishing" sign.  :)

Randy

Taxi,

That is a pretty good reason. Figured they allowed hunting, so fishing would be OK too . . .

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.