FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bullhead  (Read 8279 times)

mattmull10

Bullhead
« on: Mar 13, 2004, 04:03 PM »
Although I love spring salmon on the Champlain and Summer bass fishing on small local ponds, I personally can not wait to go bullheading.  Bring a few cases of beer, spark a fire, throw out a worm and then bull Sh*t all night with your buddies.  Always have an awsome time doing this.  Does anyone else share my passion for the laziest/easiest fishing in the world?

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
Re: Bullhead
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2004, 05:09 PM »
yep you left out the lounge chair and we use leaches cause the perch dont steel them. and they stay on the hook through more than one fish.
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

acsacmboy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2004, 08:17 PM »
absolutely love it. great eating. and for me, make it a rootbeet : ;). nothing better than that
Randy Mason
FLCC 09' Fisheries Technology major

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2004, 08:07 AM »
One of my favorite times of the year. I absolutely love it and spend the winter waiting for it. Last week I got my bulhead box organized, rod tips re-painted, and Colemans cleand up and ready to go.

Went up to the Fair Haven Park boat launch Thurs. night and tossed a couple of lines in. Got one small bully and a couple of bites. Only stayed for an hour, wasn't much happening.

Only a matter of time baby!!!! ;D
Harold

ajwiez2

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2004, 09:30 AM »
One of my favorite times of the year. I absolutely love it and spend the winter waiting for it. Last week I got my bulhead box organized, rod tips re-painted, and Colemans cleand up and ready to go.

Went up to the Fair Haven Park boat launch Fri. night and tossed a couple of lines in. Got one small bully and a couple of bites. Only stayed for an hour, wasn't much happening.

Howey  what about the pond in the park is the ice gone yet and what about out in front of the Little Sodus Inn my nephew and I go there and fish off the dock when the ice goes out .  thanks   aj

panfish lover

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2004, 02:45 PM »

Went up to the Fair Haven Park boat launch Fri. night and tossed a couple of lines in. Got one small bully and a couple of bites. Only stayed for an hour, wasn't much happening.

Howey i used to paint my rod tips years ago, i cant seem to find the right paint anymore,  where did you buy it thanks for the help

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2004, 04:19 PM »
ajweiz2:

The pond is still iced over but there is a pretty good size area opened up in front of the channel.

Little Sodus Inn area is still closed. There is a lillte open water in that park next to it.

panfish lover:

I just use the Testors yellow plastic model paint in the little 1/2 oz. bottle. It's what I've used for years. About 3 coats does a good job. Lasts me all year.
Harold

deerslayer92163

« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2004, 04:47 PM »
i used to paint my god tips but thanks to modern technology now i used those clip on glow in the dark sticks best thing since indoor plumbing check around there great

deerslayer92163

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2004, 07:12 PM »
also my favorite snack food while bullhead fishing is take a shrimp put it on a stick wrap it up with a freshly picked leak or ramp depending on where your from then cook it over the fire bettya cant eat just one better bring a couple pounds of shrimp and a big bag of leaks

mattmull10

« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2004, 08:38 PM »
Leaks and shrimp huh? never heard of that sounds good.  Although cooking just one shrimp at a time I think i would work up quite a hunger just cooking the things  ;D

deerslayer92163

« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2004, 08:40 PM »
kills the time between bites and they only take 2-3 min apiece

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2004, 05:22 AM »
Use Vinyl jig head paint to make your rod tips stand out.

White first, then glow, then flourescent orange or chartreuse. Hot pink works well also.

Helps during the day as well.

Howey, I think that's Testors model paint. ;)
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2004, 06:29 AM »
RG:

Yeah, it is. I always get Testors and Estes(model Rocketry) confused :). Seeing that I have both.

Don't wan't to give someone the wrong idea by having "testes" paint on here. They might think it was a different "kind" of sight now that I think of it. ;D ;D

Going to correct it.
Harold

bigdave1018

« Reply #13 on: Mar 17, 2004, 05:03 PM »
a cheap can of orange spray paint use to work for me, one of those 99 cents deals.

Sandman

• Loud pipes save lives
« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2004, 02:58 PM »
This should be a good weekend for 'heads. I got 5 two weeks ago on spikes behind the house off the dock during that 65 degree friday night. Things got cold, then refroze and haven't been out for them since. I will tonight. Also, I caught one, a buddy caught one and I saw several more caught last weekend at Cranberry through the ice. Indication of warmer water flow from the creeks turned on a few of them.
Mobil Launch Team - 2 , 5th MAC SOG
de Opresso liber

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.