FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bullhead  (Read 8278 times)

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
Re: Bullhead
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2004, 05:47 AM »
Went out last night (fri.) Tried a couple of spots locally around Little Sodus. Fished from 8-10:30, only managed one bite. Inlets were roaring with warm muddy water. Should be a different story tonight.
Harold

kappy

« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2004, 01:20 PM »
what are your thoughts about long pond tonight,, I am debating if it will be worth it going to be chillie tonight... grabbed abunch of crawlers last night.. anyone else heading out    thanks

ajwiez2

« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2004, 01:28 PM »
going to go down to  the river here and try for a while now  will post how I did later

kappy

« Reply #18 on: Mar 27, 2004, 02:36 PM »
aj   where is here and what river    just curious

Sandman

• Loud pipes save lives
« Reply #19 on: Mar 27, 2004, 04:22 PM »
what are your thoughts about long pond tonight,, I am debating if it will be worth it going to be chillie tonight... grabbed abunch of crawlers last night.. anyone else heading out    thanks
I'm sure you know about the new parking regulations at Long Pond. No parking from 10pm to 7am. That stinks for anyone wanting to bring kids.
These parking problems popping up at new places every year make me feel so lucky to have a dock at Buttonwood. But the days of enjoying fishing late in different areas are numbered.
Mobil Launch Team - 2 , 5th MAC SOG
de Opresso liber

ajwiez2

« Reply #20 on: Mar 27, 2004, 08:43 PM »
went down to the river [ Seneca ] Cato area caught one bullhead and a doz. catfish lost one cat 8-10 lb at least right at the shore line broke when i went to pull it up on shore , got to change line before i go again ,  was there from 3 til 5:30  having a fish fry tomorrow , after I go catch some more in the morning. had to stop typing to wipe the drool from my chin  will keep you posted on the bulls here.

reubenpa

« Reply #21 on: Mar 27, 2004, 09:11 PM »
went down to the river [ Seneca ] Cato area
Where exactly is that? I would like to get me some cattys but didn't know there were any around here, besides bullheads that is.  What were you using?  Maybe we could hook up sometime.  I love catfishiing and used to do it in PA. Got a 25 in. 8 lb flathead last year in teh susquey River
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Taxidermist

« Reply #22 on: Mar 27, 2004, 09:38 PM »
Ajwiez,

Is that the public access on Rt 38 by Howland Island? That place is great when the water isn't hauling, you can catch anything and everything there at some point during the year. I'd imagine the water was pretty high today?

Randy

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #23 on: Mar 28, 2004, 12:24 AM »
ajwiez2 ,

Have heard there were some Cats around there. Do you eat the ones from the Seneca River? What bait do you use?

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

madbomber

« Reply #24 on: Mar 28, 2004, 11:22 AM »
theirs some good cats in senica river ,by the jacksreef cut(state ditch) I seem to catch the biggest .alot of 5-8 pounders though. lots of fun.I have ate some???smaller ones2-3 pounds seem to be the best.
MADBOMBER

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #25 on: Mar 28, 2004, 12:17 PM »
Hey Madbomber,

I vow to try catfishing this year. I am allergic to the furry fuzzy land dwelling varieties of cats, assume  :) I will not be allergic to the water based variety.  :D One way to find out is to catch a couple this year!  ;)

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

cenobite07

« Reply #26 on: Mar 28, 2004, 10:59 PM »
Well, they aoutsmarted us this weekend! :-[

I spent 90 minutes at Braddock Sat night with one nibble and no fish. 3 hours tonight and one perch but no bullies.

I talked with folks at Sandy Creek, Long Pond, and a couple smaller crreks who also had no luck.

Maybe next weekend?
We have such Sights To Show You....

madbomber

« Reply #27 on: Mar 29, 2004, 05:42 AM »
went out last night to a couple of spots 1 sucker :( no bullhead  :( couple more days
MADBOMBER

bigdave1018

« Reply #28 on: Mar 29, 2004, 05:49 AM »
sat am,3/27 my fav spot gills gills gills!! spikes, small dot and a pencil bobber, i caught at least 50 and kept 30 nice ones for the table. only fished 5 hrs brrrrrrrrrr cold north wind.

reubenpa

« Reply #29 on: Mar 29, 2004, 07:11 AM »
good dave, u make me a little jealous!! ;D
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.