FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: east bay sodus  (Read 1917 times)

bluegillking

east bay sodus
« on: Mar 18, 2004, 11:52 AM »
does anybody fish this area. i have always wondered about this area. any acess points ?any info will help. thanks bluegillking ;)

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
Re: east bay sodus
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2004, 06:55 PM »
Actually it's north Wolcott, Huron.

I fish it quite a bit during open water for bullheads. It is a shallow bay. Have caught a few pike from there also. The only state access I know of is on the east side of the bay. If you take N. Huron Rd. (I think) to the dead end, on the left there is "New york State DEC East Bay Public Access" sign. It is a dirt rd. that goes about a half mile into the woods. Takes you to the east side. Kind of a rough road. I normally fish the channel for bullheads. There is about a 1/4 mile of beach to the channel from the dirt rd. I would suggest a 4x4 or 4 wheeler to travel the beach. I tried it ONCE with a car.....didn't make it to far. Had to call a friend of mine that lived on the west side to yank me out :P. I know some poeple that live on the west side so sometimes I fish from there. I'm not totally sure but I think that there is no public access on the west side.

I hear perch are quite fertile in that bay too.
Harold

countryboy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2004, 06:26 AM »
Actually East Bay is in Huron, North Wolcott is on the East side of Port Bay. On East Bay you can Access like Howey said or there used to be a boat ramp at the end of the road on the West side. Also a dirt ramp to the south end on the creek leading into the bay.

fingerlakesfisher

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2004, 06:34 AM »
I wrote a letter a few years back about the shape ofthe road and the DEC said that you are not supposed to drive any type of vehicals down that road.  We used to drive the truck right down the beach in the water and back it up to the channel.  What fun!   Perch in the day, bullheads at night.  Campfire and food and beer.  The good ole days until the RULES came in.  Now the walk sucks.  Do not go there too often anymore.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.