FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dock Fishing  (Read 11240 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Dock Fishing
« on: Mar 02, 2004, 07:54 PM »
How many of you  are dock fishing addicts like me?

I love the small waters in the spring  for bluegills, perch, sunnies, crappies etc.

Where are some of your favorite spots?
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
Re: Dock Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2004, 07:39 AM »
I fish docks for Huge Rock Bass in the spring in Sodus Bay. We get alot over the 1lb mark. I also fish docks when the time is right in the early summer for Bass.

roverowner

• The sweet smell of success!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2004, 12:38 PM »
I like dock fishing with my kids.  They're 3, 5, and 6 and don't really have the casting think down yet.  I take 'em to a dock and let them practice catching gills.  They love it.  When I'm alone I head out to the weeds and structure.  When I get hung up in that stuff I don't want my kids around for what they might hear coming out of my mouth!

Fishingking

« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2004, 01:04 PM »
Dock fishing is alot of fun when fishing panfish ,  even for bullheads and bass at night
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2004, 06:11 PM »
Super-x,
Apple blossom time = Rock bass time!
I also fish Sodus for the Rockies in spring...tons of fun with a bunch of big sunnies and bass thrown in to boot.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

wny angler

« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2004, 03:46 AM »
why would anyone want to fish for rockbass when you could be crappie fishing ?

you don't eat e,m -do you ?        yuk :o

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2004, 05:59 AM »
Yuk???  I have had have great dinners made from Rock Bass.  Why would they be any different than a crappie? They fight as good or better and taste just as nice.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2004, 06:13 AM »
WNY,
That pic looks like Springville to me! Nice steelie.

Rockies in the spring  are good tasting fish.  Crappies are fine as well...so are sunnies, bluegills, bullhead, catfish, trout etc...etc!

I fish for everything! Variety is the spice of life ;D
RG

wny angler

« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2004, 07:37 AM »
WNY,
That pic looks like Springville to me! Nice steelie.

Rockies in the spring  are good tasting fish.  Crappies are fine as well...so are sunnies, bluegills, bullhead, catfish, trout etc...etc!

I fish for everything! Variety is the spice of life ;D
RG
   the pic's from zoar valley maybe 10 miles downstream of springville--same creek---good guess

i tried frying up a rockie years ago-caught it in the summer,  seemed a bit strong tasting

maybe there better eating in the spring like bullhead

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2004, 08:37 AM »
Wny, Been there many times. We've probably seen each other.
I have close friends in Strykersville and have spent many great days fishing trout all over  that area.

Used to spend 3-4 weeks out there  in the early spring  making syrup and fishing.

RG

can_of_worms

« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2004, 11:58 AM »
I used to enjoy night dock fishing as a kid on Honeoye, it seemed that alot of people had overhead lights at the end of the docks and it was a magnet for small prey for the big boys. I still like dock fishing there but I do most of it in the daylight now, skip tubes or zulus under them.

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2004, 02:31 PM »
wny_angler....if you saw the size of the rockbass in Sodus you would fish for them. They take drag out! They can get plus 15 inches easily over there.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

wny angler

« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2004, 08:00 PM »
thems some big rockies-never seen one over 10 inches

got to be a lot of fun catchin on an ultra lite

Bronzeback

« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2004, 08:11 PM »
I can attest to the big rockies in Sodus Buckshotjon.  I thought I had caught some big rockies before I went up there, I learned quick. Have caught many in 14"-15" just canoeing and casting in a small cove.

Bronzeback

I prefer Smallmouth with my coffee!!!!

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2004, 05:42 AM »
This time of the year I don't mind catching them, but when the Bass bite is on the Rockies can be a real pain in the A**.  They will eat a 6" plastic worm like nothing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.